Grafton Dells River Park

4.1
Value
Flexibility
4.2

My fiancee and I had an incredible experience at the Grafton Dells River Park. The setting and privacy of the park cannot be beat, as well as the food and service of the entire staff. A couple of emails along the way took a little longer to get a response, but that is to be expected when wedding season arrives. The owners were so helpful, and were very open to any ideas I had. I would highly recommend this venue to any couple. We truly had the best day of our lives.

Profile Picture
Tina
1 Review
06/22/2013

My husband and I couldn't have imagined a better fit for our wedding venue. Grafton Dells staff was friendly and helpful. You could tell from the moment meeting them that they valued the meaning behind marriage, not just making a profit. The park atmosphere and miles of trees makes for a perfect outdoor wedding. We had our ceremony overlooking the river and had beautiful background settings for our pictures. The staff at Grafton Dells is flexible and open to new ideas for décor and celebrations. The venue helped to make our wedding day the most memorable day of our lives!

Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
1+ year ago

Grafton Dells River Park was amazing! They made our wedding day an incredible event. The owners were very easy going and able to accommodate our last minute requests. They were helpful during set up and take down and on the day of the wedding the ensured that everything ran smoothly. The park itself is gorgeous and our guests loved being outdoors. Our pictures are wonderful and we only have happy memories from the day!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My fiance and I were extremely happy, no more than happy with the timeliness and courtesy of the owners of Grafton Dells.
We received so much value for our money. Their property is without a doubt the most beautiful private setting in the midwest.
We cannot believe one, a date was available, but two, they actually worked so much to make sure every detail was as perfect as possible and yet so very respectfully affordable.
We felt as if we were at a country club, sriously.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
2.3

I want to start off by saying I had an absolutely perfect wedding day. The food was great, the venue was beautiful, and everyone had the time of their lives; however, all of this was after a horrible experience with the owner and contact person of Grafton Dells' River Park. She was absolutely impossible to deal with. Luckily she assigned another staff member to assist me throughout the evening. My first meeting with the owner went extremely well and both my fiance and I loved the venue and her. But after that meeting things went downhill very fast. She would never answer any of my questions through email, so I had to call her for the smallest inquiry. She had some discrepancies on her dinner price list, but refused to listen to my questions and just asserted that all prices were final. When I thought I found a small miscalculation on the final bill and sent an email show the mistake, she called me, screamed at me over the phone that everything was correct and that I better not write the check for the wrong amount, then hung up the phone before she let me talk or ask my question about the bill. It turned out that she had charged me tax on the gratuity charge but didn't show that on the bill. If we would have been able to talk then it would have been a very easy fix. On the day of the wedding, I had my bridesmaids play interference and intercept her if she tried to talk to me. I got through the whole day never talking to her and my day couldn't have gone better. Her staff were professional and courteous, it is just a shame that she made my planning experience extremely stressful and traumatic. The prices were very reasonable, the best I could find in SE Wisconsin. The building looks like an old German cabin, but is cool and spacious. The "dressing room" that was set up for my bridesmaids and me was a complete joke. It was a 4 foot high folding screen set up in the back corner of the room. We used it as a storage space because everyone changed in the bathroom because the screen provided no privacy. The venue is beautiful, but be ready for some big headaches.