crystal orchid RED DEER & CENTRAL ALBERTA

crystal orchid RED DEER & CENTRAL ALBERTA

WEDDING S & EVENTS

RED DEER, SYLVAN LAKE, CALGARY, CENTRAL & SOUTHERN ALBERTA
AB T4N 4C6 | map
Weddings: Civil, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly / ...
Services: Day-of Coordinator, Full Planning, Partial Planning

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When my husband and I wanted to start planning our wedding, we really had no idea where to start. Calling Crystal Orchid to set up our initial consultation turned out to be the best thing we did. We only had a very vague idea of what we wanted - we had the date and location set, a very general idea of colors, but not much else. When we first met Lori, we knew right away she had a strong passion for what she does. By the end of the first meeting, we walked away knowing where to begin, and also felt a sense of relief knowing that we would have someone to help us through the enormous task of planning our wedding. We met with Lori regularly for 11 months prior to the big day. She was extremely flexible, available, and organized beyond belief! Her experience and expertise were incredibly helpful too; her thoughts, ideas, and her knowledge of "what works" vs "what might not work" really helped carry us through our indecisiveness on certain little details. Best of all, Lori is so much fun, and really made the process SO stress-free. She always told us that if we weren't having fun, or were feeling stressed out that it was time to re-evaluate because planning our wedding should be fun and exciting. No worries there, it WAS! Every time we met with her we knew "what's now", "what's next", our budget, and we just grew more and more excited as our vision for our wedding became clearer and clearer. When the big day came, WOW. The vision of our wedding was turned in to the most beautiful reality. We were blown away by how everything fell into place, Lori was there and had everything under control, on schedule, in order, you name it. My husband and I had nothing to do on our wedding day except enjoy EVERY SECOND of it from beginning to end! Now we just really miss working with Lori and seeing her regularly! We highly HIGHLY recommend the professional services provided by Crystal Orchid... we will forever be grateful for Lori and everything she did for us! :)

• Wedding: 10/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Crystal Orchid made our wedding day amazing!!! It was exactly what we wanted and everything went smoothly. We would recommend Lori and her team to everyone we know :)

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lori from Crystal Orchid was awesome! We never could have pulled off what we did for our wedding without her. Everything was beautiful and there were no mishaps on our special day. We would recommend Lori to any of our friends who are getting married. She was there every step of the way.

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lori of Crystal Orchid is truly amazing! She couldn't have done more for us to make our day perfect - she went above and beyond I'm every aspect we asked her for help with. We were supposed to have an outdoor wedding and had planned for rain (we had umbrellas) but the morning of we woke up and found 90km/hr winds, a temperature of 6 degrees and hard cold rain. We had no backup plan as we thought we had covered all of our bases. While I went to get ready for what I hoped wasn't going to be an outdoor wedding in a hurricane she called the decor vendors and managed to get them to substitute the outdoor decor we had planned for for indoor decor, called the place where my reception was scheduled to be held and persuaded them to allow us to use one of their rooms that was supposed to be decorated for a wedding the following day. She contacted the bride that was supposed to be using it and asked for a few hours and we had until 3pm (our wedding was at 2). She got it decorated beautifully and room for all of my guests. We even had a back drop. It was stunning. I had no idea she had been able to decorate until I walked in the room to meet my future husband. It was gorgeous. I will be forever grateful. If it wasn't for her I'm not sure what we would've done.
Not to mention Lori is very well connected, she had lists or recommended vendors that made picking flowers and cake etc. So much easier especially considering that at that time I was planning my wedding from 14 hours away.
In short - she's amazing. She deserves this. My wedding wouldn't have even been a quarter as spectacular as it was if it wasn't for her. She's one in a million.
Kim

• Wedding: 07/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were very very happy with the services!! Everything went smoothly and we weren't the slightest bit stressed!! We were able to enjoy the day knowing that everything was taken care of! Lori was fantastic to work with and the only thing I would have done differently was call her sooner!!!

• Wedding: 04/20/2014
Wanesa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lori and Allan were excellent. I am very happy with the service they provided! They were always available when we needed and their ideas were very creative and well executed. I highly recommend them.

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
Maloree
4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Lori was very pleasant to work with, and she catered to my ever changing plans right up until the day of. I highly recommend her to anyone seeking a little more than just your average bouquet of flowers!

• Wedding: 08/04/2012
Melissa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing Service and work. I had a unique request for a pinecone bouquet and boutiner(sp) as well as corsage and you blew me away!! Everyone LOVED it!! Was more then I could have ever imagined and we will cherish it forever!!! Thanks again, highly recommend you to all!! THANKS AGAIN!

• Wedding: 08/04/2012
Adrienne
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lori was so helpful from the beginning to the end! Our flowers were absolutely amazing and exactly what I wanted. During our meetings, she was professional, knowledgeable and punctual. She helped me with some ideas for our backdrop for the ceremony as well which turned out even better than expected! My experience with Crystal Orchid was fantastic and I would recommend them to anyone looking to plan an event.

• Wedding: 07/07/2012
Services Used: Flowers, Lighting & Decor
Sara
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Lori At Crystal Orchid was our wedding planner for us when we got married in Vegas. We live in Red Deer and so planning a wedding in Vegas was tough. She made it super easy. We basically just showed up. We told her what our dream wedding was and she created that and then some! The location was amazing, the flowers were beyond stunning and everything went smoothly from the time we arrived in Vegas till we left. Thank you so much Lori! We would highly recommend her and if we ever renew our vows we will use her again. The only downfall was that because she is so amazing she booked up fast, so we were super lucky we contacted her in plenty of time.

• Wedding: 09/19/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Crystal Orchids was really great for trying really hard to achieve my ideas. Lori was able to envision the finished product and was willing to spend time brainstorming.

• Wedding: 09/04/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Crystal Orchid Weddings not only did the most amazing wedding bouquets for my wedding but also supported me and guided me to help envision my whole ceremony and reception decor! She is so passionate about what she does and strives to make your wedding day a dream come true!! I especially loved how she helped me find the best deals for products to help keep my wedding affordable but elegant! If you are looking for someone to help you plan your dream wedding, then she is the one to for you!!!

• Wedding: 09/03/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

We absolutely loved the flowers. They were like works of art. There was a bit of a problem with the magnets that were to attach to the boutonnieres and corsages. Because the flowers (roses) were larger than usual they were a bit heavy. The magnets didn't hold. Thank God Lori sent lots of pins. My advice would be to put the corsages on a wrist band not only because of their weight but also found a lot of guest wore strapless and I wasn't able to attach it to their dress. Some held it and some put it on their purse. Looking back I should of listened to my florists advice about using wrist bracelets to attach the corsages too. Learn from my mistake.

• Wedding: 07/16/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lori, Garrett and I just wanted to say "THANK YOU" for doing the gorgeous flowers for our wedding. Everyone in Banff who seemed to see them, whether we were just transporting them, or our coordinator for our lunch, to the minister's wife, all commented how different, unique & gorgeous they were, & where did I get them done? Thanks Again! Erin & Garrett

• Wedding: 12/10/2005

Laurie,
Thank you for the wonderful flowers on my wedding. They were more stunning that I had imagined! Thanks again, Lindsey and Sean

• Wedding: 08/24/2005
403-896-8191
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards