Antonia Christianson Events

Antonia Christianson Events

A bi-coastal social event planning firm | Coastal Virginia to Wine Country California

4216 Virginia Beach Blvd
Suite 120
Virginia Beach, VA 23452 | map
Weddings: Civil, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly / ...
Services: Day-of Coordinator, Full Planning, Partial Planning
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hiring Antonia Christianson was the best decision I made in my wedding planning process. Antonia made my wedding a total success. Even though I got married in Paso Robles, California and Antonia is primarily based out of Virginia, I felt that Antonia and her team were always available to skype and email and guide me through the wedding planning process. Even though I did not meet Antonia until my rehearsal day, she immediately impressed me with her extensive 14 page minute by minute outline for my wedding. Antonia and her team were great to work with. Friendly and upbeat personalities! Antonia made it fun! Antonia and Alexia were also incredibly organized and helped my wedding to run seamlessly. Antonia and her team quickly solved many logistical pickles that arose during my day. When a rental table did not show up, Antonia was already on the phone calling the vendor. Because of Antonia's swift action, the table arrived and we were able to seat all of our guests. Antonia also kept track of all the emails I sent her detailing how I wanted to set up my sweetheart table, vintage rentals, sake tasting station, bubbles bar, cocktail hour, welcome station, guest book, favors table, wine tasting area, and cake table. Antonia executed my vision down to the last detail. I was impressed by the fact that I gave Antonia a dozen tupperwares filled with wedding decorations and she had already read my emails that described where to place all the decorations. Antonia styled every area perfectly. The icing on the cake is that Antonia has impeccable taste and was able to add unique decorating touches to our wedding. For example, she added fall leaves and fresh grapes to our welcome station and she hand wrote all of our chalkboard messages in pretty cursive. Antonia was able to manage our nearly 20 vendors throughout the wedding process. All of my vendors commented how easy Antonia was to work with and how effective she was as a planner. During my hair and make up, An

• Wedding: 10/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I don't know that I can really put into words the feelings and gratitude I have for the fantastic job Carolyn Cox (Stark) with Antonia Christianson Events did. Without question, my wedding would not have gone as well as it did if Carolyn had not been a part of the day. From our very first conversations, I felt as if we had known each other for years, which gave me great comfort trusting her with the handling of my wedding day. Carolyn is incredibly easy to talk to and goes above and beyond her duties as a coordinator. Most importantly (for a stressed out bride!), she is cool under fire, never letting on to anything that may be going wrong. If anything went wrong on my wedding day, I am still none the wiser to it. If anyone is looking for a Wedding Planner or Day of Coordinator, you can't go wrong with Antonia Christianson Events. I could go on and on about all the positive things I have to say about ACE and Carolyn. They make you feel like family and that's not something you run into often these days. I am so thankful for how perfect Carolyn made sure my day was. Thank you!!

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

One of the best decisions I could have made was to hire Antonia Christianson and Team ACE for our big day! Missy and her team are exceptional and helped us in more ways than I can begin to count. I'm from Virginia Beach, but live in New York. My husband is from NY and wanted to have the wedding in Virginia Beach. So, essentially, I was a destination wedding! Not an easy task, by any means. And, boy did she deliver. I hired Missy rather quickly after our initial Skype interview. She immediately struck me as incredibly knowledgeable, yet approachable, warm and very personable. I felt as if she understood me, even though I had absolutely no clue what type of wedding I wanted. She and her team remained in constant contact with me throughout the planning process and also guided us in selecting excellent vendors; i.e. from the band, lighting, cake, etc... Everyone involved in our wedding was incredible! I'm also highly impressed with how Missy and her team were able to handle any situation with grace, professionalism and ease. Come time for the day of wedding, I can't believe how calm I felt, because I knew Missy and Team ACE would run the evening seamlessly. And, they did. I've heard repeatedly from many of my guests and other vendors how fantastic Missy is and I concur. My husband and I consider her part of our family! I wholeheatedly recommend Antonia Christianson Events for any and all of your wedding planning.

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Missy and her ACE team are incredible!! We hired them for day of planning, but they were with us every step of the way. They were able to give us so many suggestions on how to make our wedding a success. Missy knows so many vendors and was able to suggest someone for all the little things I still needed to plan. Missy and her team were like my best friends during the planning of my wedding. They gave me advice when I needed it and told me how to make my crazy ideas feasible. The biggest help though was actually sitting down and planning out my wedding day. After that, I knew everything would run smoothly and I wouldn't have a thing to worry about. My wedding was the perfect day, and that had a lot to do with Missy! I would recommend Missy and the ACE team to any bride out there looking for some extra help and peace of mind. Don't wait either, book them as soon as you can, because they know the wedding business like the back of their hands. I already miss them so much!

• Wedding: 08/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Missy and her team came very highly recommended from a family friend who works in the wedding industry and boy did they live up to their glowing praise! We feel so fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with Team ACE for our wedding this summer.

We hired Missy to manage “day of” coordination but we got so much more in return. From the moment we met with her for our kick-off meeting to our reception send-off, Missy and her team were always there to answer any questions, provide expert opinion and recommendations and lend a helping hand whenever needed. If we had a question about table setting options, they always had a helpful answer. If we needed a recommendation for a killer baker in the area, they had an extensive list of options for us to use. And if we needed some hands-on help putting together our ceremony programs, they were there with rolled-up sleeves ready to dig in. They are truly there to help execute your vision for the big day, no matter the task at hand.

From putting together our minute-by-minute wedding weekend itinerary to running the rehearsal and on-site management of the wedding day, Missy and her team have got you covered with “day-of” coordination. I cannot tell you what an incredible relief it was to have such a calm, creative and considerate group of professionals at the helm on our wedding day allowing us to just focus on enjoying all the special moments. The friendly professionalism we received was the same treatment they gave our friends, family and guests. They had a special way of putting everyone at ease, which any bride will tell you is very important on your big day! Hiring Team ACE was one of the greatest investments we made when planning our wedding and one that we would recommend to other brides, their grooms and their families.

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Antonia Christianson and the ACE team are simply the best. They were able to provide caring professionalism in producing the dream home wedding that my daughter and son-in-law desired. The recommended vendors were the best in their fields. Even though the groom's family did not speak English as their first language, and the wedding celebration moved from site to site all evening, everything was orchestrated smoothly and seamlessly. I have already booked ACE for a future event in 2016.

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
Karen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Missy and her team are awesome! I came in with a very ROUGH idea of what we wanted to do wedding wise and she guided me in the right direction and everything turned out just the way we wanted!! I highly recommend Team ACE!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had ACE as our "day of" coordinator...but trust me, she was there for us for the whole process!! When it came time to narrowing down/picking/introducing us to new vendors, she was always there. She answered any questions that I had and was quick to respond and calm nerves. The vendors that she recommended were absolutely perfect! I felt like they were hand-picked just for us.

We loved how Missy met with us in person in her studio and later at the site of our reception as the date got closer. She made sure that we were in the loop with all the details of the day.

The day of went so smooth. It was super helpful to my wedding party to have the schedules she made up for them. Everything was flawless. She made sure everything was in the right place and people were there at the right time. All the gifts got to the car and my glass was never empty :)

Missy came highly recommended to us and we highly recommend her to you! Thanks for being so fantastic!

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Missy and her ACE Team are the epitome of wedding planners. Hiring Missy was one of the most important decisions we made regarding our daughter's wedding. This exceptional wedding planner deserves perfect scores in every category listed including professionalism, friendliness, creativity, dependability, and most importantly, attentiveness to the bride and groom. Missy and her team not only exceeded our expectations they also left a loving imprint on our hearts which we will treasure forever! Thank you, Missy !!!! Mrs.Gerloff

• Wedding: 05/03/2014
Barbara
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Missy and her team provided a phenomenal service. As someone who considers herself well organized, I initially questioned the need for a planner, but I can say that ACE far exceeded expectations at every step and proved their value many, many times over. They were highly responsive, diligent, organized and provided the perfect amount of attention and calm, not only during the wedding weekend, but the several weeks and months before. Missy and team are incredibly knowledgable about the planning process, event planning, vendor management and etiquette. Additionally, they are terrific people and I enjoyed every interaction. I would highly recommend their service! I can't imagine having a better experience.

• Wedding: 03/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Missy and her team were wonderful! I am typically a very OCD and stressed person but on the day of the wedding and for several days leading up to it I was extremely relaxed! I was confident that ACE would take care of everything and ensure that our wedding was perfect.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough good things about the Antonia Christianson Events team! They understood what we wanted for our special day, and with their knowledge of the industry we were able to include some unique details that we (and our guests) loved. Antonia and her staff are super friendly and they go above and beyond to make sure everything goes smoothly.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ah-mazing! Wonderful! Would hire again in a heartbeat.

• Wedding: 04/27/2013
Morgan
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Antonia (Missy) was such a breath of fresh air. I had no idea what I was getting into with trying to plan a wedding, Missy was there to answer even the littlest question I had. She was professional with vendors, she was my shoulder to lean on, and I couldn't have pulled off my vision without her. There are a million little things that you are just too busy to handle or don't think of but Antonia Christensen Events handled it with grace and style. Highly recommended!

• Wedding: 04/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Missy and her team were amazing! My wedding went off without any problems I know this was because I used her as my event coordinator. Whenever I had a question or needed ideas, Missy was right there to help me. My vision was very clear the day of my wedding and we could not have been happier!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I'm so pleased with how our wedding turned out - Missy and the team were so helpful and creative. It could not have turned out better, it was a beautiful and intimate.

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
Brandi
757-941-8223
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards