The Glamourist

Flexibility
Profile Picture
Jina
08/02/2014

Jane Kim is incredible. She did my hair and make up for my wedding in August 2014 and for my bridal party.

I first met her at Blu Bungalow for a trial. I met up with a friend afterwards and she couldn't stop telling me how gorgeous it looked! I booked her Glamour Package (bonus: your trial cost is included in this package... woohoo!) since 1) I am very unfamiliar with hair/makeup, 2) I was going to change out of my wedding dress to a traditional Korean hanbok and back to my wedding dress and needed to change hair/makeup accordingly and 3) I knew it would be a hot day/I might cry.

Jane was very responsive to all of my e-mails and even met with me (free of charge!) several weeks before the wedding to trial airbrush foundation as I was curious whether this work for me.

On the day of the wedding, Jane and her assistant were right on time. She really worked her magic and everyone looked amazing! My guests told me numerous times how beautiful and natural I looked on my wedding day. Bonus - she used YSL 52 lipstick which I totally love! Thank you Jane! :)

In addition to making me look gorgeous, she was also able to change my hair and makeup quickly with each dress change. I wore a jokduri (Korean hairpiece) with my hanbok and she was able to change my hairstyle accordingly, then back into a style that was appropriate for my wedding dress for the reception. Not easy to do when you're trying to stay on schedule!

On top of everything, Jane has a wonderful personality and really helped me throughout the day. I was really nervous before my first look and she calmed me down, telling me how excited my husband-to-be would be when he saw me. She also tucked tissue in my bouquet before the ceremony in case I cried, carried and bustled my train for photos, gave me endless bottles of water to drink, and was just an all around rockstar.

Jane Kim is amazing and I am so glad I booked her for my wedding. I definitely recommend her for any event!

Services Used: Beauty & Health
LOCATION
1325 Indiana Street Suite 301, San Francisco, Bay area, CA 94107
BLOG

Where fabulous hair and makeup meets exceptional service

The perfect hair and makeup is just as important as finding that perfect dress. The right hair and makeup has the ability to set the bride's mood for the entire wedding day and an entire lifetime of memories.  From head to toe, Jane Kim will ensure that each bride is pampered, beautiful, confident and most of all glamorous.

For blog & ... read more

For blog & twitter updates please follow  blog.theglamourist.com and twitter.com/theglamourist

+/- read less