Pacific Athletic Club

Profile Picture
dancefrog1
1 Review
02/12/2010

I got married in Feb this year and I have to say that Molly has been AMAZING from the beginning. I had looked at Pacific Athletic before I got engaged (just so I can get an idea). We were planning on a destination but I needed a plan B and thankfully my plan B worked. I had communicated MONTHS before my date and Molly was always responsive. She was helpful with all the details and gave great suggestions. Our guests loved the food and the decor and had an awesome time. If I could I would do it all over again at Pacific Athletic Club. Also, another plus..Chivarian chairs and no cake cutting fee was the decision maker for me :) Thanks Molly for everything and if your considering this site for a nice intimate wedding, you wont be disappointed!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
LOCATION
200 Redwood Shores Parkway , Redwood City, CA 94065

Wedding guests are led to the lounge and reception areas, the latter an octagon-shaped room with an unusual two-tone floor of Brazilian walnut and cherry hardwoods. There are several mirrored arches, one of which cleverly pushes back to provide a place for a band. Hors d’oeuvres and cocktails are served here before an event, and after a seated meal elsewhere, guests often return to dance. The adjacent Main Dining Room is a large, light-filled room with a sizable skylight and two walls of floor-to-ceiling glass. The other two walls feature pastel-colored landscapes. Four large Douglas fir poles that match those in the foyer support a very high vaulted ceiling. Attached to these poles are multitiered pinpoint fixtures, making evening functions sparkle. Tables are dressed with crisp cream-colored linens.

Beyond the glass walls and doors is the garden courtyard, lushly planted and landscaped to accommodate outdoor ceremonies.

This is a must-see location for receptions. Be prepared to be impressed—we think that the Pacific Athletic Club is one of the better event sites on the Peninsula.

+/- read less