Custom Ceremonies by Positively Charmed

Minneapolis, MN
612.382.2960   Visit Website
Business Details
Categories: Officiant
Event Types: Christenings, Eco-Friendly / Green Weddings, LGBTQ Weddings / Ceremonies, Memorials
Established: 2004
Employees: 1
Accepts: Cash, Check, Discover, Mastercard, Visa
Last Login: Feb 26, 2015
Frequently Asked Questions for Officiant
Services: Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious Ceremony, Single Religion Ceremony
Religious Affiliations: Agnostic, Buddhist, Christian (no denomination)
Accommodate hearing impaired:
Non-religious sites Yes, absolutely. In fact most of the marriages for which I officiate are held outdoors or at an indoor location that is not of a specifically religious nature. I believe that a place becomes sacred by the intent of creating a ceremony that celebrates grace: the gift of love.
Your ceremony attire: I usually wear a suit and I choose colors that match the wedding party, most often that color is similar to what the groom wears, re: brown tux means my suit will be brown.
Flexible wording / vows: You are most certainly free to choose the language which best expresses the love you feel for one another. I am here to offer choices, guide the process, and then assemble, write and edit the script for your ceremony.
Allow couple's own vows Yes, simply, yes. But if it feels too stressful for a couple to take on writing their own vows, I do also have a collection of beautiful classic vows.
Select readings only: I have an extensive collection of poetry, prose and prayer. We humans have been speaking of love for centuries! My gathering of beautiful language is an ongoing process! Couples are always welcome to bring their own selections of readings and/or music...there are no "restrictions".
Length of ceremonies: Most of the ceremonies I perform are between twenty and thirty minutes long. Most couples have an idea about what they might like for the length of their ceremony. Sometimes the length is somewhat determined, in part, by the size of the wedding party, the venue, and the length of musical selections.
Pre-marital counseling I do not require that premarital counseling be done. However, I do offer premarital counseling and the couples that I have worked with have really enjoyed and benefited from the process!
Pre-ceremony rehearsals I think rehearsals are a really great idea. They are joyous and they put everyone much more at ease on the wedding day. The rehearsal is a perfect time of more intimate introductions for those in the wedding party who have not yet met.
Sound system supplied: I do have a small portable sound system however, usually, the sound system is either included with the amenities at the event venue or is provided with your DJ services.
Other Information
Additional Answers & Advice:

I also have an amazing collection of decor pieces to create a lovely setting for your ceremony!  See my sister website "Positively Charmed Boutique Decor"