Asher & Olive Event Couture

Asher & Olive Event Couture

Eastsound, WA
Quality of Service

After hiring Gavin at Asher & Olive this summer to cater our son’s Wedding Rehearsal dinner, I can’t praise him and his company enough.

Prior to the Dinner we worked together by phone conversations and e-mails only, as I was unable to visit the Island for a cuisine sampling appointment or to view my chosen venue site. He responded to every phone call or message promptly.

I chose a casual site for the dinner—Moran State Park Picnic shelter. Gavin had catered at that particular site many times and was able to describe the setting and give advice on my decorating ideas. This was important as I provided decorations and table settings due to my budget constraints. As for the menu, I provided a few thoughts and he presented an excellent final menu option. The food at the dinner--- all naturally and as much as possible, locally sourced --was exquisite.

Gavin and crew’s décor for the beverage, food and dessert area was fabulous: an artistic yet natural park kind of motif. I think my husband took a dozen photos of their set up alone.

Having never hosted this type of event before, I asked Gavin to guide me throughout the evening with the timing and flow of courses, toasts to the bride and groom, etc.--he provided this with an experienced and natural ease.

Everything was perfect---guests (many from different states) that I’d never met before told us what a wonderful time they had and how delicious the food was. And Gavin, Sara and Connell were completely professional yet relaxed in their work, which obviously is important in making guests feel comfortable.

We would hire him again in a heartbeat and absolutely recommend Asher & Olive.

Services Used: Catering
168 Hemlock, Eastsound, WA 98245
Categories: Catering
Event Types: Anniversaries, Baby Showers, Bar / Bat Mitzvahs, Birthdays, Bridal Showers, Christenings, Corporate Events, Debutante Balls, Eco-Friendly / Green Weddings, Engagement Parties, Graduations, Holiday Parties, LGBTQ Weddings / Ceremonies, Memorials, Proms, Sweet 16s