Skip to main content
HufflePuffin
Devoted June 2018

Your First Dance

HufflePuffin, on October 11, 2017 at 7:27 AM Posted in Planning 0 33
Saved

So, the WW checklist is telling me to research songs this month...and that got me thinking about our first dance song. I'm kind of at a loss on what to pick for that, or even where to start.

What did y'all use for your first dance song? And how did you pick it or what is it's significance to you as a couple?

Thanks!

33 Comments

Latest activity by OGA, on October 11, 2017 at 9:45 PM
  • Tracy
    Dedicated October 2018
    Tracy ·
    • Flag

We are using Halestorm Here's to Us. We both just love it.

• Rebecca
    Super September 2017
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

We danced to Thank You For Loving Me by Bon Jovi. We just chose a song we both liked, no significance!

• HufflePuffin
    Devoted June 2018
    HufflePuffin ·
    • Flag

@Sarah, we heard a song on the radio a year or so ago, Lampshade On by The Dustbowl Revival, and decided immediately that it needed to be played at the wedding. But not as our song lol.

It may be kind of hard for us to find a song that we both like. I'm more into pop/country and FH is into rock/heavy metal. Although we both like classic rock...so maybe I'll have some good luck there.

• S
    Just Said Yes October 2019
    Susan ·
    • Flag

Have you heard Tim McGraws new song?

• N
    Devoted March 2018
    Norma ·
    • Flag

At Last by Etta James. I heard it one day and cried. Lol knew it was the song I wanted to be our first dance. This was way before we got engaged. I played it for him when we were talking about wedding songs. He got emotional too.

• Courtney S.
    Savvy June 2018
    Courtney S. ·
    • Flag

We're going to be using To The Moon And Back by Luke Bryan

• Amber
    Super September 2017
    Amber ·
    • Flag

We danced to Stay With You by John Legend. We didn't start researching songs until six weeks before the wedding. I loved it and DH was easily convinced once our dance instructor played it for him!

ETA: Fixed typo! Still getting used to saying DH instead of FH!

• Jamie
    Super September 2017
    Jamie ·
    • Flag

We danced to "Arms of a Woman" by Amos Lee and we picked it about 3 days before our wedding because we didn't have a "song." This song is just beautiful and we really liked it.

• Jocelyn
    Dedicated May 2018
    Jocelyn ·
    • Flag

We picked "grow old" by Florida Georgia Line

• RaeGin
    Master September 2017
    RaeGin ·
    • Flag

We used the song "With Me" by Sum41. DH and I also have differing taste in music. I like almost everything (preferring alternative and hip hop), and he likes mostly metal, which is one of the only genres I don't care for. Sum41 is a band we actually agree on, so when I stumbled across a love ballad by them, DH and I knew that was our song.

• K
    Devoted May 2018
    K ·
    • Flag

I think we're going to do Come Away with Me from Norah Jones. I initially wanted a jazz standard, something like Misty or All the Things You Are, but FH wasn't crazy about them.

• Allie_W
    Dedicated June 2018
    Allie_W ·
    • Flag

We're using H.O.L.Y by Florida Georgia Line. We just both really love that song and it makes us think of us and our relationship.

• Future Mrs M
    Super June 2018
    Future Mrs M ·
    • Flag

We are using "Book of Love" by Peter Gabriel.

• Maria
    Expert September 2017
    Maria ·
    • Flag

"Like I'm Gonna Lose You" by Meghan Trainor and John Legend.

• Jennifer
    Master September 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

Our First dance will be "You & Me" - Dave Matthews, we are only dancing into the second chorus and then we are having a fast song come on that we both love to get the party started!

• Colleen
    Super October 2017
    Colleen ·
    • Flag

Grow Old by Florida Georgia Line. Kane Brown came out with a song called Heaven. Tim McGraw and Faith Hill released a song Rest of Our Lives this week as well. Ive almost changed our song due to these coming out

• Estalinda
    Dedicated July 2018
    Estalinda ·
    • Flag

Fw and I had a hard time with this till last night after like a thousand songs we finally found one that we loved it's called Who I am by wade Bowen

• Tracy
    Dedicated October 2018
    Tracy ·
    • Flag

@Duckie, we are the exact same. I am a country fan and he loves metal and rock. I discovered on accident one day that he had a list of potential slow songs that he enjoyed, so I chose one from that list. Good luck!

• Opalite
    Expert October 2017
    Opalite ·
    • Flag

An Indie song by Travis Bretzer called "Promises." It was an easy choice because FH made a video of our engagement, and that was one of the songs he used in the video!

• Jessica
    Just Said Yes March 2019
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

"I don't dance" by Lee Brice, fits perfectly because FH doesn't like dancing but will any time I ask to make me happy. It's a slow country song.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics