J G
Just Said Yes September 2020

Worried i got the wrong dress

J G, on December 10, 2019 at 1:42 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 14
Saved Save

Worried i got the wrong dress 1I bought a non refundable non returnable sample size oscar de la renta at a discount. $2,000 for a $10,000 dress. Now I think I got caught up in the bargain and the designer name more than the fit and style. It doesn't help that my mom told me it was not flattering on me after I bought it. Looking at the photos all I can see is how heavy I look. Did I make a mistake? Is there something that can be done in alterations to make it more flattering?

14 Comments

• Dierdra
    Expert November 2020
    Dierdra ·
    • Flag

What parts of it are you concerned with? Have you spoken with alterations yet.

• S
    Savvy August 2020
    Sam ·
    • Flag
    I would definitely see what your alterations team can do as there are options to help you feel more comfortable.. I don’t think you look big in the dress at all .. I would just suggest to get the right support for this dress for the chest area
  • Kristen
    VIP October 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    I would speak to a steamstress. Unfortunately if its non refundable i would have alterations to make it work. Maybe they can remove some tulle from the skirt?
  • Noelle
    Devoted November 2019
    Noelle ·
    • Flag
    It’s a beautiful dress! I don’t see it making you look heavy. But do go to a good seamstress, if something isn’t fitting the way you like. They can advise you. Update us when you can!
  • K
    Expert September 2020
    Ka-Rina ·
    • Flag
    It's a stunning dress!!!
    I think once it is fitted to your body you won't feel that way!!!
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    I think your dress is beautiful and once it’s fitted to you it will be even better. If there are things you don’t like talk to a seamstress right away to see how they can help you
  • Liz
    Dedicated June 2020
    Liz ·
    • Flag
    Your dress is stunning and in no way shape or form do you look heavy in it..
  • Sharon
    Devoted October 2020
    Sharon ·
    • Flag
    You look great in that dress, not heavy at all!! A good seamstress will be able to address the areas you're concerned with.
  • Ivy ORP
    VIP October 2019
    Ivy ORP ·
    • Flag

Your dress is beautiful and you are beautiful in it. I do not see heavy at all! I agree with alterations to make it look the way you want and will add a suggestion of something to lift your breasts for a more flattering look.

• A
    Devoted May 2020
    Alex ·
    • Flag

I would just get it altered, so it fits perfectly! It is a beautiful dress! Everything changes when dresser are fit for your exact measurements!

• Alma
    Devoted June 2020
    Alma ·
    • Flag

Your dress is beautiful & you don't look heavy at all! Have you tried it on with accessories?

• Kyleah
    Super March 2020
    Kyleah ·
    • Flag

Definitely talk to a seamstress! I felt pretty in my dress when I first got it but now I feel 1000% more beautiful in it and I'm only one alteration appointment in!

There are so many things you can do to a dress to make you feel even prettier in it (you look stunning in your dress by the way. We're our own worst critics Smiley smile )

• Melle
    Champion June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    It looks nice on you
  • Lauren
    Rockstar February 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

Your dress looks gorgeous on you! I LOVE a great bargain so I know how that feels. Talk a seamstress to see if they can fix anything you don't feel comfortable with. You look so great in it, though!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics