We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Joanna
Savvy October 2021

Worried about my dress yellowing

Joanna, on July 10, 2020 at 6:59 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 9
Saved Save

So I got my dress in December 2019, because my wedding was supposed to be October of this year. Unfortunately, we just pulled the trigger on postponing it. I'm worried about my dress turning yellow, though. Any tips for keeping it fresh?

9 Comments

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

As long as you keep it in the garment bag or box, it should be fine! my dress is at two years now and it hasn't yellowed or anything.

• Virginia
    Expert April 2021
    Virginia ·
    • Flag
    Keep in a garment bag and in a dark place such as a closet.
  • Joanna
    Savvy October 2021
    Joanna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Does it need to be a plastic, airtight garment bag? Mine's one of the $10 David's Bridal ones, which are fabric.

• L
    Super July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    Agree with previous comments - keep it in the garment bag and in a closet or otherwise darker place.
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

My garment bag was fabric too.

• Mrs. S
    Super November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    I had mine in a dark closet in the DB garment bag for well over a year and it was fine
  • Anna
    Rockstar June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    Agree with everyone. Mine" hung out "in the closet for 15 months prior to the wedding, and it's back after the wedding, it's fineSmiley smile
    I do hope to have it boxed at some point.
    Don't worry, it will patiently wait for the big day!Smiley smile Congratulations!
  • Elmarose04
    Devoted July 2021
    Elmarose04 ·
    • Flag

As many have said I say keep it safely stored away and maybe take it to a dry cleaners to do a full conservation seal on the dress to make sure it does not get yellow. I doubt it will that normally happens within a long time frame and not being taken care of.

• Fenja
    Rockstar December 2020
    Fenja ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Don't use an airtight plastic bag/box! That traps moisture and can damage the dress. Fabric is fine (that's what I'm storing my dress in too).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles