Future Mrs. B
Devoted May 2020

Work Etiquette

Future Mrs. B, on January 14, 2020 at 11:39 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 15
Saved Save

Is it appropriate to invite your boss? I'm inviting my immediate coworkers - should I invite my boss, as well?

15 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

Do you have a relationship with your boss outside of work?

• Amber
    Rockstar February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

If you have a good relationship with your boss, I would invite them. I invited my boss, but FH did not invite his. It really just depends on your own personal situation Smiley smile

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I invited my whole office & their significant others, my husband didn't invite any of his. It just depends on your relationship with everyone.

• Melle
    Champion June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    My husband and I invited all our coworkers and bosses
  • Anna
    Super August 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag

I invited my boss but we have a social relationship outside of work

• Jo
    Devoted November 2020
    Jo ·
    • Flag
    My FH is inviting both of his bosses but he is pretty close with them. He is in buying/sales though so my dad (who is also in sales) really encouraged him to invite them, just because relationships are soo important in that area!
  • Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

I am close with my supervisor. Him and his wife came to my wedding.

• Cristy
    Rockstar May 2020
    Cristy ·
    • Flag

I actually just changed jobs, so I don't know any of my coworkers very well. Certainly not well enough to invite them to my wedding.

Although I was very close to a few people at my old firm. I'm inviting like 4 of those people. But I was at that firm for 5 years, and developed a relationship with some of them outside of work. You should only consider inviting them if you have a close relationship outside of the job.

• Andrea
    VIP April 2020
    Andrea ·
    • Flag

For me, I started a new job 4 months ago, and I've been tempted to invite my managers and some closer coworkers (I got hired with 2 and they are like my faves) but I'm leaning towards not inviting them. Not to be mean at all, just feels slightly awkward to invite some individuals I've really just started to get to know. And I don't really talk to any of them outside of the workplace except for one.

• kymarmck
    Super March 2020
    kymarmck ·
    • Flag

I invited my manager, but we have a friendship outside of work Smiley smile

• Sherry
    Rockstar September 2019
    Sherry ·
    • Flag

You don't have to but there is no right or wrong answer. It is up to you. My husband invited all of his but I did not invite mine.

• K
    Dedicated October 2019
    KAREN ·
    • Flag

I didn't invite any coworkers. I started my job a year before the wedding, and while I'm fairly close with a few of them, I got married in my home state (3 hours away) and didn't want them to feel obligated to go. Also saved us a ton of money.

Husband invited one coworker, but they're best friends so I don't even count that as the same.

• Tanyia
    Expert February 2020
    Tanyia ·
    • Flag

Nope. Don't even open that "my boss is my friend" door.

• Kristina
    Dedicated March 2021
    Kristina ·
    • Flag

I would say its just depending on your preference. If you have a good close relationship with your boss and coworkers i would.

• Holly
    Dedicated September 2020
    Holly ·
    • Flag

I couldn't not invite her. She will be in Vegas for a softball tournament and her husband just happens to be going along. We have a friendship outside of work and I knew I couldn't pass her up when she offered to take me to get materials for and custom make my mantilla veil as her wedding gift. She's an awesome lady! No one else in my office is going because all the people that I have loved at work have all moved on.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics