We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Katie
Expert August 2021

Won a free honeymoon

Katie, on July 10, 2020 at 2:59 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 8
Saved Save
Has anyone on here gone to a bridal show and won a free honeymoon, 2 wedding bands and champagne flutes. My fiance and I did and I guess a we have to go this weekend and pick it up together, we also have to sit through a cooking show. The lady who called me said there's no time shares or presentations we'd have to sit through when we are at our honeymoon. She also said that when we pick up our gifts they will be selling things but we don't have to buy anything to receive our gifts. Can anyone confirm that this isn't like a scam. Like are we going to get there and they tell us we need to buy something or tell us we are going to be in the running for the gifts.

8 Comments

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

My bridesmaid when we went to a bridal expo had the exact same thing happen - she won the free trip and we were supposed to go to some presentation or whatever but in the end we didn't because i don't know, feels like it wouldn't be entirely free anyway? or that there was some kind of sketchy-ness to it anyway

• C
    VIP January 2019
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag
    We went to the cooking show. We didn’t choose to get any of the gifts.
    You have to pay shipping for the flutes and rings. And for the trip I believe you are responsible for the airfare. But it all seemed to be legit. None of the gifts were dependent on if we bought cookware. It seemed like good cookware it was just expensive.
  • Mindy
    Super November 2020
    Mindy ·
    • Flag
    I got a bunch of phone calls about a cooking presentation or something after I went to the bridal expo in va beach.
    I didn’t answer any of them and eventually the calls stopped.
    Just seemed really shady to me.
  • Hannah
    Rockstar July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    Many people have posted about these types of things on here, so you can do a search for some of those posts. The gist from what I've read on here is that it is a super hard sell, so while you aren't required to buy anything, they are relentless, and that the honeymoon has lots of blackout dates and restrictions and such. So if you are really good at saying no a million times and are flexible with honeymoon, then it may be worth it.
  • Nicole
    Dedicated August 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    We went to it, it was annoying but I think it was worth it, the rings are niceish and can be engraved, champagne flutes are worth it, also can be engraved, 50$ shipping so still less then they normally would be, won't have a chance to check out the trip for a few years so can't really say much about that.
  • Jessica
    VIP September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    We won a free trip at an expo, but as PPs mentioned it was going to be nearly impossible to redeem with all the restrictions and blackout dates, and definitely not worth sitting through the sales pitch.
  • Katie
    Expert August 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    So yesterday was the day to go pick up the gift and watch the cooking show. My fiance and I decided after reading all the comments on here and reviews on Google of the bridal show gift not to go. We felt it would have been to much of a hassle to get the gift and with covid it wasn't worth the risk with all the hoops you got to jump through to get a honeymoon. And also on top of that my fiance isn't really a patient person and probably would have caused a scene.
  • Katie
    Expert August 2021
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    Thank you guys for your help.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles