Skip to main content
Jackie
Savvy December 2019

Winter wedding- centerpiece help!

Jackie, on September 11, 2019 at 11:18 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 9
Saved
So we are having an early december wedding in Vermont. Goal was a moody, rustic, mountain feel! Our tables are gorgeous 8 ft farmhouse tables and we will have a burlap runner, wood slab with lantern and candle on it. I wanted to fill both sides of slab with greenery but I'm finding that both faux and real greenery is sooo expensive!! Any suggestions on other woodsy, ideas to take up that table space or places where you can get decent fake garlands for cheap?!?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Mary, on September 20, 2019 at 10:41 PM
  • N
    Expert August 2019
    N ·
    • Flag
    Pull some pine branches and throw them in there with some cones. You could use some pine needle looking garland if you don’t want to do that from Walmart, Christmas Tree Shops, Micheals, Hobby Lobby, Joanne Fabrics, etc. Plenty is starting to be put out now. Maybe Amazon as well or Dollar Tree when we get closer to Christmas.
  • Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    There are great looking cheap pine needle garland at the places that the previous poster mentioned. I wanted more of a Christmas feel to my centerpieces and filled them with ornaments and other Christmas like items. You could easily keep them plain or add something like snow frosted tips or poinsettias to keep them simple. Hobby lobby has great sales all of the time. If it is not on sale it will be. They also have a one time use 40% off coupon online all of the time. This is what I did With my garland I bought. In total it was about 5-6ft and will be placed on an 8 ft table. You can see the volume that the garland has in this picture. I bought several and put two on top to add depth. If not for the garland I would recommend lanterns. They have the rustic feel to them.

Winter wedding- centerpiece help! 1
  • Courtney
    Master December 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

These are our winter inspired centerpieces:

Winter wedding- centerpiece help! 2

• Brittany
    Super May 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

image #1Winter wedding- centerpiece help! 3image #2Winter wedding- centerpiece help! 4image #3Winter wedding- centerpiece help! 5image #4Winter wedding- centerpiece help! 6image #5Winter wedding- centerpiece help! 7image #6Winter wedding- centerpiece help! 8image #7Winter wedding- centerpiece help! 9image #8Winter wedding- centerpiece help! 10

• Jackie
    Savvy December 2019
    Jackie ·
    • Flag
    Does this garland look too fake or tacky? Having a hard time finding balance between look and cost!

Winter wedding- centerpiece help! 11

Winter wedding- centerpiece help! 12
  • Megan
    Super October 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    While I think you can tell from up close that it’s not real, I don’t think it looks tacky.

We are doing garlands. My parents have a property with woods so we’re literally just getting the pine and cedar boughs on our own and making them on our own. It’ll take time but it’s something that my mom and I enjoy doing together and it saves money big time.
  • Jackie
    Savvy December 2019
    Jackie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's amazing! Doing that was our original plan I was fearful that I would bring bugs somehow on the table and that it wouldn't wind up looking uniform..🤔but free is great and totally in my budget!! Would you just cut them in picks and place them on the table or would you somehow pull them together like a Garland??
  • Megan
    Super October 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Well be putting them together like garlands. I have circular tables, so it’ll be a little bit easier for me for my centerpieces. But the tree boughs really weave together easily and can be held with flower wire.
    I also want a swag above the fireplace (8 foot mantle) and greenery on the columns, so we’ll be doing a lot of weaving. It would probably be easier for rectangular tables. Plus it’ll smell great and look a lot fuller than the ones you buy.
    You should try it! See if it’s easy or not. Find someone with some woods!
  • Mary
    Dedicated September 2019
    Mary ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Jackie! I think this is a great look for your tables! It seems like you've achieved your goal of that rustic, mountain, woodsy mix. Using the K.I.S.S. principle is always your best bet: Keep It Simple, Sweetie! Best Wishes for a beautiful marriage!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics