A
VIP October 2019

Why even act like that over a simple question for trying on dresses?

Angelena, on May 16, 2019 at 1:33 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 7
Saved Save

Just thought I'd share because it makes no sense to me why some people, even friends/bridesmaids, have to act all weird and just not respond like a normal person.. I had asked all my bridesmaids individually what date they can do for trying on dresses, especially since my sister works on weekends. All 3 agreed on the 26th said no problem. Okay great.

I text the last bridesmaid and said "Hey are you available the 26th to try on dresses? All the other girls said yes!"

She responds "I suppose".

I said "? Are you busy?"

Her: "Oh idk probably am ha"

Me: "How? It's two weeks away."

Her: "Probably free I meant"

Okay THAT'S NOT WHAT I ASKED. I asked if you were busy. Why be snide and weird about it. Dear lord. Like none of those responses were warranted and I was about to flip my lid on her. I always think I have great friends and no horror stories like some brides post but jeez.. I always answer a question full out when someone asks. Just thought I'd share how sometimes people just put off weird vibes for no apparent reason and not to sweat it entirely and try to remain calm and don't freak out on them! Lol

7 Comments

• A
    Super September 2019
    Anna ·
    Have you reached out to her individually and talked to her as a friend not a bride? Sounds like something more is going on and maybe she doesn’t want to tell you in the group text or something. I agree she shouldn’t have responded like that but people are funny and maybe talking to her on the side may help the situation. Might not what you wanna hear but just my two cents
  • A
    VIP October 2019
    Angelena ·
    View Quoted Comment
    It was an individual text... we’ve only been talking about deciding on dresses with everyone over the past two weeks. She has free reign to say something if something is going on.
  • Melissa
    Rockstar September 2019
    Melissa ·
    Reading that conversation as an outsider makes me think she just had a typo and forgot to type the word free when referring to whether she was available or not. I’m guilty of typing too fast from time to time and not reading before I send but I wouldn’t “flip a lid” at someone for not realizing their text was not making sense, as I feel that happens to everyone now and then. Again I don’t know your relationship or her track record, but that’s how I am understanding it.
  • LB
    Champion November 2016
    LB Online ·
    Maybe there's some other dynamic going on cause I dont see anything wrong with that conversation. I think you're overreacting...
  • A
    VIP October 2019
    Angelena ·
    View Quoted Comment
    A simple yes or no is what I asked for. I’m not saying I’m mad it’s just irritating cuz there is zero reason to not answer questions correctly and fully. When she never types like that to begin with. I can have full on paragraph texts with her.
  • Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney ·

This is where I would've picked a date that worked for me and my sister and then told everyone. If you can make it, great. If not, we'll make a decision without you.

• Sarah
    Super September 2019
    Sarah ·
    I think if a text conversation like this is irritating you, to the point where you feel the need to vent about it in capital letters, you need to take a step back and take a deep breath. She answered your question and followed it up with fixing an autocorrect. Also, “I don’t know yet” is an appropriate answer to “are you busy” whether it’s 2 weeks, 2 months, or 2 years out from the day you’re asking about.

Comment on this discussion