We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Erica
Dedicated July 2020

Who to tip and how much

Erica, on July 10, 2020 at 1:27 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 6
Saved Save

Intimate "minimony" this Sunday!!!

Who are you tipping and how much?

Vendors I'm using:

Photographer (I've read optional if solo, i.e., not part of larger company)

Videographer (same as photographer)

Flower Delivery and chuppah set-up people from Florist (I've read expected)

Musician (I've read this is optional at $15-$20 but they are carrying/setting up a keyboard so would probably be nice)

Hair

Makeup

My next question: who should dole out the tips and when? I kinda put my SIL in charge of "miscellany" on Sunday so I guess I can just give her envelopes to hand out????

6 Comments

• Mrs. S
    Super November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    I did $100 for my photographer and dj, $40-60 for officiant, florist, baker, hmua, $400+ can’t remember exactly but it was 20% for catering, $20 per person for musicians. $200 for venue coordinator. $60 to each shuttle driver. I wish I could have given more to everyone as they did a superb job but I was on my last dime. If I had gone by articles on the internet it would have been an extra $1000 or more and I just didn’t have the money. I put the tips in envelopes and my venue coordinator handed them out before the ceremony. My florist had already left so I sent hers in the mail.
  • Erica
    Dedicated July 2020
    Erica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

How many guests did you have?

This is a really intimate version of the original wedding, 22 people including bride and groom.

I figure $50-100 for venue coordinator, nada for photog and video (both own their own business and don't have to share what they get), $25 for musician and not sure what to give florist for simple set up and delivery... but she's been super great all along.

• Jana
    Rockstar June 2022
    Jana Online ·
    • Flag
    Wait until after the wedding is over so you can assess how they performed their jobs. Did they go above and beyond the call of duty? Give a tip. Did they give bad service or just simply showed up to work with nothing special to show for it? No tip.
  • Mrs. S
    Super November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We invited 82 but ended up with 45 guests.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Hi Erica! I'd put someone in charge of tipping your hair & makeup person, ceremony musician, and all delivery and set-up people on your wedding day! Those people you won't see or contact again, so you want to tip them before they leave!

Your photographer and videographer you'll continue working with, so you can tip them on the wedding day or afterwards!

• Erica
    Dedicated July 2020
    Erica ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

My mom will handle hair and makeup.

And I'm having my SIL do my bidding for the rest I think.

But I honestly don't think I need to tip the video guy - he's a friend of my brother and sil and is still charging me what I think is a fair amount considering it's a small and short version of the wedding.

Photog I'm not sure... Like I've read in few places its not expected (but nice) to tip vendors running their own business.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles