Tabitha
Dedicated November 2019

Where to find shoes?

Tabitha, on May 22, 2019 at 12:32 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 15
Saved Save

I am having a hard time finding shoes that are not too outrageously priced. I wouldn't see myself paying more than maybe $120, however I would like I would like to stick in the 80-90 range. I've seen shoes advertised on Etsy and various sites like Lulu and Zappos. I have never order from these sites before and I am a bit cautious of ordering places I have never heard of or had someone I know use. David's Bridal was a bust as they were EXTREMELY rude when my bridal party and I went to the location nearest to us. I've browsed Dillard's and Macy's as well. I would LOVE a wedge and no taller than 3/4 inches. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any sites you trust or have ordered from before? My only other thought would be Amazon but trying to trust their sizing gets tricky.

15 Comments

• Lauren
    Super September 2019
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

I got mine from Macy's when they were having a 2 for 40%off sale. They were able to order the ones I wanted from Blue by Betsey Johnson in 2 sizes so I could try them on. I could return the 2nd pair without ruining the discount. Ended up being less than $70.

• B
    Devoted July 2017
    Becky ·
    • Flag

I got my wedges from Rack Room, they were less than $50, and I can wear them again

• Hannah
    VIP July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    I got mine from DSW. They have a lot in store and online. I like ordering online from them because if the shoes aren't comfortable or don't fit right, you can just return in store.
  • Michelle
    Super August 2019
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    I got mine on Amazon for around $50. They have a 2 inch wedge heel and fit great and go perfectly with my dress. The thing I love about Amazon is that you can be more specific with your search so you can find exactly what you're looking for.

As far as their sizing issues, I always look at the reviews and see what other people say about it. I also look to see if the item has free returns so if they don't fit, I'm not paying to send them back.
  • Kate
    Devoted November 2019
    Kate ·
    • Flag

I bought mine from Macy's for about $70 (with tax), since they happened to be on sale that week! I really wanted pink (my favorite color), and ended up with Marc Fisher pumps with a block heel. I wanted something that I would continue to wear after the wedding.

• Cynthia's and Robert  Wedding Day
    VIP September 2020
    Cynthia's and Robert Wedding Day ·
    • Flag
    I got mine from DSW and they are so comfortable.
  • Soon2Bmrsp
    VIP May 2019
    Soon2Bmrsp ·
    • Flag
    Try DSW,Marshalls and Macy's
  • Sarah Katreen
    Dedicated August 2018
    Sarah Katreen ·
    • Flag

I wore green sneakers under my dress and my wife wore red ones. She found them both online and we were comfortable the whole day. I've ordered shoes on both Amazon and Zappos and have had good experiences with them - both with the shoes and returning them when needed.

• Rachael
    Dedicated June 2019
    Rachael ·
    • Flag

DSW has everything!! And usually has good deals.

• Jo
    WeddingWire Administrator May 2015
    Jo ·
    • Flag

I got my wedding shoes from Amazon, I made sure I ordered early enough that I could reorder if I got the wrong size. But when I need shoes for an event DSW is my first stop, do you have one near you?

• Tabitha
    Dedicated November 2019
    Tabitha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I do have a DSW! I went in and didn't see much. The ones online I've seen don't seem to have my size. I'll have to sit and look a little harder maybe.

• Tabitha
    Dedicated November 2019
    Tabitha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

There are a few by Betsy Johnson I have seen but they are out of my size in just about everything. I'll have to keep a lookout for restocking and new items.

• Tabitha
    Dedicated November 2019
    Tabitha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I thought about converse for after at the reception.

• Lauren
    Super September 2019
    Lauren ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I think they are discontinuing the line. Smiley cry I had such a hard time finding my shoes.

• Jo
    WeddingWire Administrator May 2015
    Jo ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh that sucks, they can't even order them from another store/the distributor in your size and mail them to you? Bummer.

What style do you have in mind?

Comment on this discussion