Jade
Expert November 2020

Where should i be?

Jade, on February 19, 2020 at 12:09 PM Posted in Planning 0 15
Saved
My weddings is in 9 months and I feel like I am very behind. So far, we have the venue booked (which includes bar and catering), the church booked, the bridal party has been asked, I have my dress and all accessories, our photographer has been booked, and we just booked our DJ yesterday. I have a general idea of what my centerpieces will look like and I ordered Sola Wood Flowers for those. I know what I want things to look like, but that’s basically all I have.
Is there anything else that I should have done by now, or should be starting?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Jade, on February 20, 2020 at 12:17 PM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Girl I think you’re doing pretty darn well !! You’ve got all your major vendors and things booked
  • Vannesa
    Expert October 2021
    Vannesa ·
    • Flag

Bridesmaid dresses and shoes? cake or dessert?

• Chantal
    Expert May 2021
    Chantal ·
    • Flag

Don't sweat, it sounds like you are well on your way! You are SUPER on top of it.

• Sarah
    Dedicated October 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    What about transportation or room blocks? Have you done any tastings? Hair and makeup?
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    The only other thing I would get done ASAP is book a hair and makeup artist!
  • Jade
    Expert November 2020
    Jade ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    The dresses I think I know, but I’m having a hard time choosing colors so we can’t get the dresses until I do that. We know who we want to do our cake, but we haven’t actually met with them yet.
  • Jade
    Expert November 2020
    Jade ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Okay thank you!! I know who I would like to do my hair and talked with her in September, but I’ll have to actually book her and get the details down. I have no idea about makeup though so I guess I’ll start looking for that lol
  • Jade
    Expert November 2020
    Jade ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Have not gotten hair and makeup booked, and my dad said he’d like to handle the hotel and transportation to take some things off my plate so I’ll make sure to ask him about that. Our venue tasting is on Sunday but we haven’t done cake or anything because people were telling me to wait until 6 months? Not sure if it’s too early to now.
  • Jade
    Expert November 2020
    Jade ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Sorry I replied to the wrong person earlier lol, but thank you!! I’ve been so stressed feeling behind but this has been super helpful
  • Cristy
    Master May 2021
    Cristy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Your wedding is in peak wedding season, so I wouldn't wait that long to book your cake. You said you know who you want to use, so I would contact them right away, and make sure they can accommodate your wedding date. Assuming they can, then you can schedule a tasting, or go through whatever procedure they have for ordering your cake.

Also, you said you had a hair person, but didn't know who do choose for makeup. Ask you hair person to recommend someone. Often times hair and makeup work in the same salon, and they will know someone who might be available.

• Rachael
    Expert May 2021
    Rachael ·
    • Flag

You're well on your way! I'd get save the dates (if you're sending) hair, makeup, hotel block, transportation, bridesmaid dresses in that order. For the cake if you reach out to them and get them booked you can always finalize details later on!

• Keyona
    Devoted August 2020
    Keyona ·
    • Flag

For 9 months out you are in a good place - just focus on your budget, flowers, bridesmaids dresses and ideas on what you want you hair and makeup to be look like.

Also don't forget the flower girl - dress i get married next month and we just confirmed and placed a order for a dress last week LOL

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It sounds like you’re well on your way Smiley smile
  • Michelle
    Super October 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

Hair makeup trial? I didn't know that 9 months out that everyone would be booked up, it is hard to find someone available.

• Jade
    Expert November 2020
    Jade ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks for telling me that! I assumed that was something I could do 5 or 6 months ahead but I will definitely get that done now lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics