Bethany
Savvy September 2020

Where do my fh and i go after the wedding is over?

Bethany, on January 21, 2020 at 6:52 PM Posted in Planning 0 25
Saved Save

So as I'm finalizing all the details I can, I'm sitting here thinking "when the wedding is over, where do me and my now husband GO?"...

Our venue is a ceremony and reception venue, so no travel time. It's only 15-20 minutes from his home (where we will be living). Our wedding will be over at 10:00pm, then cleanup will be from 10:00pm - 11:00pm I didn't know if most people get a nice suite for the evening regardless, or go out with the bridal party for drinks and late night snacks? What have y'all done?

25 Comments

• S
    Devoted October 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    My reception will be ending at 11:30PM, we’re staying at a hotel and they offer a room for an after party, not sure if we will do that or go to a bar, but we’ll definitely be doing something and staying over at the hotel.
  • Mrs. Sarantos
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. Sarantos ·
    • Flag
    Everyone was so tired after, we had hung out with the bridal party the night before the wedding but after we cleaned up and just went to our suite.
  • Nikki
    Devoted August 2020
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    We are planning on doing an after party drink at the hotel with whoever wants to come and then crashing hard. We’re lucky and our hotel has a bar that overlooks the river in Downtown CHICAGO Smiley smile
  • Nikki
    Devoted August 2020
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    Not sure why my phone decided to do all caps, sorry for the aggression 😉
  • MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal ·
    • Flag

Daughter and SIL's wedding ended at 10 pm. She's not a late-night person, so she had no interest in planning an after party (the wedding party was together starting about 9:30 in the morning, so they had PLENTY of time together...). They originally planned to drive to their apartment, that was about 45 minutes away. When FOB heard that, he said no way, so we surprised them with a lovely suite at a hotel about 10 minutes from the venue and booked them massages for early afternoon the next day. They LOVED the hotel. We also packed a bag with all their favorite junk food in the trunk of SIL's car. Daughter texted us photos of them enjoying the junk food with the bottle of champagne the hotel left in their room.

• Bethany
    Savvy September 2020
    Bethany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That sounds wonderful!

• Kasyah
    Devoted March 2020
    Kasyah ·
    • Flag
    The girls and I start getting ready at 7:15 AM and the wedding ends at 10 PM. I'm not sure if we will feel up to continuing to party but we've opted for a hotel room and possible brunch the next morning with everyone. Love you asked this though bc I wondered if ppl keep partying after!
  • Kaitlin
    Dedicated October 2020
    Kaitlin ·
    • Flag
    Same with our wedding! my FH and i are gonna get a hotel suite even though it’s close to home!
  • Mandi
    VIP March 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    We're going home.
    We're 10 minutes away from our venue... and getting a hotel room... well we can see the hotel from our living room, so that's silly
  • Sarah
    Devoted March 2021
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    My fiancé and I are talking about getting a hotel for the night.
  • Audrey
    Devoted October 2020
    Audrey ·
    • Flag
    We live only a short distance from our venue so we are actually hosting the wedding party for late night snacks at our place. Our circumstances are a bit different though- the wedding cleanup will end around 5 pm.
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    We arranged an after party at a bar nearby and the. Went back to our hotel for the night.
  • Sara
    Expert February 2020
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    The reception will end at 11pm. Our venue is like two minutes away from our house..but our hotel block came with a free room the night of if so many people booked in our block..so we're staying at the hotel. I think it will be more fun that way too. Unfortunately, the hotel has a strict no party policy. If we're up to it, we will first go to the bar across the street from the hotel and then the hotel later. We also have a reserved breakfast room the next morning.
  • Fleur
    October 2020
    Fleur ·
    • Flag
    Reception ends at 10pm. We are planning a low key after party at our hotel’s indoor/outdoor bar, which is open til 2am. We will see how late we can stay up lol.
  • Anna
    Expert April 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag

My fh and i are probably going to go home. Him and I don't live together. We are also waiting for marriage. We wanted to rent a hotel room but that means we have to get up early. Him and i rather be laying in bed all day and do nothing lol.

• Amber
    Rockstar February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I just have to say that you and your husband sound like the BEST parents ever! I've read so many posts from you about what you and FOB did for your daughter's wedding and you guys are seriously awesome Smiley smile

• Amber
    Rockstar February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

FH and I will be making our grand exit and then driving about an hour to a hotel where we'll spend the night. We're driving that hour as part of the drive for our honeymoon so that the next morning it's one less hour to drive the rest of the way.

• Melle
    Champion June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    His parents house where we were staying was also just 20 min away. We just went back home there aha
  • KYLIE
    Dedicated May 2019
    KYLIE ·
    • Flag

We stayed at the hotel where the wedding was and got drinks with our guests, most of whom were also staying at the venue. Lots of people partied in the lobby bar, and others went for a late night swim. We went back to our room (we had arrived Tuesday for our Saturday wedding) around 11:30ish after our 9:30 pm reception end.

• MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

You're so sweet, thank you. We are very close to our daughter and SIL, and were lucky to be in a position where we could, within reason, do small things to make it as special as possible for them. They are wonderful people, and we couldn't be more proud of them, so it's fun to contribute to their happiness. Good luck to you and FH! Smiley heart

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics