Cher Horowitz
Rockstar December 2019

Where Did You Purchase Your Dress?

Cher Horowitz, on October 29, 2019 at 3:01 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 1 62
Saved Save

What bridal salon did you find your lovely dress at? Did you have to visit more than one before making a final decision? I got mine from David's Bridal and said yes at the first appointment Smiley smile

From Pinterest!Where Did You Purchase Your Dress? 1 Where Did You Purchase Your Dress? 2 Where Did You Purchase Your Dress? 3

My dress!Where Did You Purchase Your Dress? 4

62 Comments

• Rebecca
    Expert January 2020
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

I also bought mine from David's Bridal at my first appointment! It was the 4th or 5th dress I tried on Smiley smile i ended up choosing a different veil than the one in the picture, I really wanted a cathedral veil Smiley smile Are you going to wear a veil?

Where Did You Purchase Your Dress? 5

• Amber
    Master February 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag

I had one appointment and David's Bridal and bought my first dress at that appointment. It came in a month later and a month after that, I returned it for a store credit since it wasn't the one. While I was there, the manager basically pressured me into another bridal appointment on the spot and started bringing me dress after dress. I tried on three and just told them I needed a breather before picking another dress. I ordered three dresses from Azazie to try on at home and I'm going to order the first one at the end of November! Smiley smile

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

My dress is from Brides by Young in Indianapolis, it's the only shop I visited.

• Brianna
    Dedicated December 2019
    Brianna ·
    • Flag
    I went to Ania Bridal in downtown Portland and had a wonderful experience. It was the 3rd shop I went to and I really felt like the the atmosphere was right and I was getting an experience I never got at David’s Bridal (this is my second wedding and I used them for my first). I did struggle to wrap my head around the amount of money I was spending on a dress, but ultimately I knew it was the one and that was worth it.
  • Meghan
    Super September 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

I got my dress at North Fork Bridal Shoppe in NY. They were all super nice there and gave me and my parents champagne when I said yes to my dress! I had to go twice because while I loved my dress when I first tried it on I still had another dress in my head and I wanted to go try it on again to make sure. But ultimately I ended up not even going back to the other shop and other dress and just going back to say yes to my dress.

• Kathyana
    Savvy October 2020
    Kathyana ·
    • Flag
    I bought mine online at Lulus. I was a little nervous going this route but thankfully it turned out great. I’m having a Hawaii destination wedding and I wanted something simple and affordable(only spent $115). I know I missed out on the experience of going to a bridal shop with loved ones but I don’t regret it. The dress is beautiful in person, great lace detail with a perfect length ( has a little train) . 🥰

Where Did You Purchase Your Dress? 6
  • Taylor
    Super October 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag

I bought my dress from Signature Bridal in Austin. I had secretly gone to a salon closer to my house first because I knew my crowd would be overwhelming. The day of, we visited an off the rack/consignment shop and then the shop I bought my dress at. I had two more appointments but ended up buying the gown on the spot.

• Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

I bought my dress from Thelma's Bridal in Rothschild, Wisconsin. We went on a Saturday they don't make appointments. It was somewhat busy that day but when I needed my consultant she was there and so friendly and helpful. We selected the dresses ourselves then the consultant would bring them in. I felt more comfortable having my mom help me try them on. My dress was number 13, my mom was the one who selected it. I loved it immediately. My mom made me try on 2 other dresses that I hated. I then put on the one I loved and it was perfect. No regrets. We bought it in March and it was here by end of July. It is no hanging in my parents spare bedroom closet.

Where Did You Purchase Your Dress? 7

• Brooke
    Expert November 2019
    Brooke ·
    • Flag

I got mine from Studio I Do in Virginia Beach, Va. Said yes to my dress at my first appointment (:

• Yoice
    VIP March 2019
    Yoice ·
    • Flag
    I bought mine at Bellissima’s Bridal which was the second salon I visit and felt in love with a dress. I didn’t purchase it until after I went back which was now my 7th boutique 🙈
  • Yoice
    VIP March 2019
    Yoice ·
    • Flag
    Oh my dress!

Where Did You Purchase Your Dress? 8

Where Did You Purchase Your Dress? 9

Where Did You Purchase Your Dress? 10
  • Megan
    Super November 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    I found my dress at Demetrio’s Bridal Salon. It was the 4th or 5th store I had been to, but as soon as I saw it on the hangar I immediately loved it.

Where Did You Purchase Your Dress? 11
  • Katelyn
    Devoted October 2020
    Katelyn ·
    • Flag

I bought mine at David's Bridal! At my first appointment they had me trying on dresses way out of my budget and I wasn't comfortable buying. I also REFUSED to buy at my first appointment because I feel really strongly about sleeping on things before going forward as I tend to have regrets. At the first appointment I had my dads (2 dads - my dad is gay) and my sister.

At the second appointment I went with just my bio dad and specifically asked for only dresses in my budget. I was worried I would never get "the one" feeling, but I did! My dad didn't like it at first, but it grew on him. It is quite simple and definitely "me". Plus it was a discontinued style and the last one in any closeby stores, on clearance for $200, AND it was in my size!

I was so glad I didn't go with the dress I liked at my first appointment and didn't rush the process Smiley smile

• Lex
    VIP September 2019
    Lex ·
    • Flag
    I actually bought mine off Poshmark! I was a little nervous but it was perfect! I’m always looking for a good sale, and I couldn’t believe to price on it. So I bought it on my break at work lol.

Where Did You Purchase Your Dress? 12
  • J
    Devoted July 2020
    Jaime ·
    • Flag

I went to Brides by Young in Schaumburg, Ill. I am a plus sized bride and I wanted to go directly to a place where I knew I could try on anything in the store. It was a dream and I ended up buying the second gown I tried on (my consultant nailed it). I would recommend a plus size shop to anyone wanting a body positive experience.

• M.W.
    VIP June 2019
    M.W. ·
    • Flag

Local mom and pop shop in my area

• D
    Dedicated December 2019
    DIY Bride ·
    • Flag

I first went to a Bridal Store in Pennsylvania. I tried about 6 dresses on there, but my favorite dress was not sold in white. I ended up going to a bridal show and found out that New Jersey doesn't put a luxury tax on bridal gowns like Pennsylvania does (a whopping 8% in PA)! So I went to a Macy's store in NJ that has a bridal salon. I ended up trying on about 12 dresses there. I liked a few of the dresses there, but I don't think I was ready to say yes to one. My sister told me that I shouldn't try more on, but I did go to another place and tried 3 more on. One day when I was driving to work I was thinking about the dresses and decided that I wanted one of the dresses that I tried on at Macy's. I called Macy's that day and they told me the date that I had to come and order it by because it was being discontinued. I set up that appointment for a Saturday and I found out a few days before that the Goodwill in NJ had a running of the brides that same morning. I went to Goodwill and tried on a few dresses first, but I didn't like anything as much as the Macy's dress. So I went to Macy's and ordered the dress back in February, it was in by May, accessories came in in early October, and I went for my first fitting last week. I have to go two more times. Before I pick up my dress, they will steam it to get all of the wrinkles out!

• Katie
    Super November 2019
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    I got my dress at David's Bridal. It was the first and only store I went to and it was the first dress that I tried on. My mom had me try one probably 12 dresses but in the end I went with the first one I had on and I absolutely love it! I only have 17 days now until my wedding!!

Where Did You Purchase Your Dress? 13
  • Nemo
    VIP August 2018
    Nemo ·
    • Flag
    I tried on dresses at 3 salons; David’s Bridal, Belle Vogue, and Mia’s Bridal. I ended up getting my dress at Belle Vogue and had a wonderful experience there!
  • Elizabeth
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag
    Gorgeous!!!

Comment on this discussion