Soon2BSmith
Expert October 2020

When to start collecting addresses?

Soon2BSmith, on September 29, 2019 at 10:47 AM Posted in Planning 0 8
Saved

When should I start collecting addresses?

Our wedding is a little over a year away. We plan on sending out Save the Dates Jan/Feb simply because 99% of our guest will be flying here either from another state or another country. We want to give them ample time to save for flight tickets for the whole family, and to save for hotel and activities.

So when should I start collecting addresses?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Alisha, on October 1, 2019 at 12:53 PM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I don't think it'd be bad if you started soon. Just because some people are unresponsive and allows you ample time to get them all
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    We asked for addresses when we ordered our save the dates. It took maybe 2 hours.
  • Samantha
    Expert October 2019
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    You could start collecting them now if you wanted. I collected addresses just a couple of days before I ordered save the dates.
  • Jamie
    Dedicated June 2021
    Jamie ·
    • Flag
    I would start collecting addresses now, at least little by little. I wouldn't wait until you’re in desperate need of them because that can be stressful.
  • Amanda
    VIP December 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

We started compiling a guest list a few weeks after we got engaged and collecting addresses once we confirmed our wedding date and location as well as budget and guest limit. It honestly took 4-5 months to get all of the correct names, addresses, and titles from our families and friends. We are sending out save the dates soon and have all the addresses ready to hand to our stationary company. I would say sooner is better so you aren't scrambling for them last minute.

• Soon2BSmith
    Expert October 2020
    Soon2BSmith ·
    • Flag
    Thanks everyone! I will start this week. I hate chasing people so hopefully it’s going smoothly.
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I'd start now!

• Alisha
    Super April 2021
    Alisha ·
    • Flag
    You can start collecting your addresses now. I have collect all of my addresses except 10 because my wedding is in August of 2020. Want to have them when I send out my save the dates and invitations. I didn’t want to have to stress over addresses when trying to send std and invitations.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics