Christine
Dedicated June 2021

When to Order Flower Girls/jbr dresses

Christine, on October 16, 2019 at 2:51 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 5
Saved

Hi everyone! My wedding is June 20, 2020, and my two step-daughters-to-be will be our attendants - they will be 11 and 10 years old, so they are acting as junior bridesmaids. The younger of the two has no interest in a dress, so I ordered her an off-the-rack beachy romper. Not worried about her. The oldest will be wearing a JBR dress most likely from Azazie, as they have adorable styles that are reasonably priced, in my color. That said, she is growing like a weed. JBR dresses need to be ordered 6 weeks in advance, but I'm afraid if I order too early, she will outgrow the size she's in now. Also, she's just on the verge of being out of kids sizes and into junior sizes. Any advice on this? When should I order the dress?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Christine, on October 18, 2019 at 9:16 AM
  • Lauren
    VIP September 2019
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

I would order 2 months in advance if it takes 6 weeks to get it in. If her measurements are on the cusp of needing a size up I would just order the size up. It is easier to take a dress in then let it out. I waited to order my flower girl's dress until 4 weeks before and paid the rush charge because I was afraid at 2 1/2 years old she would grow out of it.

• M
    VIP September 2019
    Mrs. Bubba ·
    • Flag
    Order it in a bigger size, 2.5 months before you need it. This way you can have her try it on and have a few fitting/alteration appointments if needed.
  • Brandi
    Devoted July 2020
    Brandi ·
    • Flag
    My wedding is November 2020 and I already bought the dress and a size bigger than her current size. I bought is so early because I loved the dress and it matched perfectly with our style. I didn’t want to lose the opportunity. However, 3 months out is perfect. You can always get a bigger size and have it resized and fitted if needed.
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag

Hey Christine! As the pps have already mentioned, taking a dress in is a lot easier than letting it out so I would advise getting the bigger size.

What is the dress like?

• Christine
    Dedicated June 2021
    Christine ·
    • Flag

JBR dressWhen to Order Flower Girls/jbr dresses 1This is the one I really like.

She saw this one and loved it - it's very similar but I'm not 100% sold on the white lace bodice. But I think either one would work just fine!

JBR dress 2When to Order Flower Girls/jbr dresses 2

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics