Ana
Devoted September 2019

When to buy rings?

Ana, on May 20, 2019 at 9:08 AM Posted in Planning 0 11
Saved Save
Just for planning purposes we get married 9/1/19 when shoud we get rings ?

11 Comments

• Kaleka
    Devoted September 2019
    Kaleka ·
    My wedding date is 9/22/2019, so FH and I are pushing to purchase our wedding bands before the end of July.
  • latasha
    VIP September 2019
    latasha ·
    I get married 9/14/19 and we plan to go sometime next month.
  • Tara
    Expert June 2019
    Tara ·
    It depends on where you are getting the rings. My wedding band was custom made so that takes more time (about two months it took) than if you walk into a Zales-type store. You also have to take into account resizing times too. I would say you want them in your hands and fitted a month before the wedding. So I would look around now to see what you like for how long it will take.
  • Future Mrs. H
    Rockstar September 2019
    Future Mrs. H ·

It really doesn't matter. FH bought my e-ring and wedding band as a set, so we've had mine since January of 2018. I purchased FH's silicone band last fall and his metal band this past February. Just make sure you both get properly sized first!

• Dedicated September 2019
    ·
    Date twin!!
    We like to do things early and went to a wedding expo that gave us a discount on our wedding bands so we have had them since maybe February or so. But according to wedding wire checklist you have until July! 🤗
  • Jess
    Super September 2019
    Jess ·

My wedding is 9/28/19. FH and I already have our rings but that's because we purchased them when our jeweler was having a sale back in March. Our rings took about 5 weeks to come in so anytime between now and July I say would be fine to purchase your rings.

• Mandi
    VIP March 2020
    Mandi ·
    We are probably going to try to hit up November/December sales for our March wedding.
  • Jennifer
    Expert October 2019
    Jennifer ·
    It takes 1-2 weeks to get rings sized. To be safe, as long as you don't want custom rings, go shopping 4-6 weeks in advance. That gives you a little time to shop around, and time for size adjustments and engraving.
  • J
    Devoted June 2019
    Jasmine ·

Our wedding is June 21, 2019 and we brought our rings maybe 3 weeks ago. I dont think timing truly matters unless you have to get your ring resized. My fiance ring we was able to take it once I brought it but my ring doesn't come back until a the end of May.

• Furture Mrs. G
    Expert September 2019
    Furture Mrs. G ·

We purchased our rings in December 2018 it's just something we wanted to kinda get out of the way. My wedding is Sept. 2019

• Nykole
    Expert October 2019
    Nykole ·

Good question. I was wondering this same thing, but I think we will probably go at the beginning of August and our wedding is October 9th. I feel like that should be plenty of time.

Comment on this discussion