Keyaira
Beginner September 2020

When should i send out save the dates/invites?

Keyaira, on November 23, 2019 at 10:01 AM Posted in Planning 0 14
Saved Save
My wedding is going to be 9/26/2020. When should I send out save the dates and later invitations?

14 Comments

• M
    Expert September 2020
    Marcia ·
    • Flag
    I sent out Save the Dates 2 weeks ago. Invitations will go out 8 weeks before
  • Keyaira
    Beginner September 2020
    Keyaira ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    When is your wedding?
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag
    I sent save the dates during the last week of October, which is early but we have a lot of out of town and state guests. My wedding date is September 12th, 2020. I will be sending invites about 12 weeks before.
  • Kelsi
    Devoted June 2020
    Kelsi ·
    • Flag
    I sent save the dates 11 months prior to my wedding because more than half our guest list is out of state and we have a lot of friends getting married in the next year.
  • Yoice
    Rockstar March 2019
    Yoice ·
    • Flag
    We did save the date a year before but I had a destination wedding.
  • Sarah
    Devoted October 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    That was the day I originally wanted for our wedding! I ended up with Oct. 24th which will be even more Fall-y so I'm happy Smiley smile
    When should i send out save the dates/invites? 1
  • Kendra
    Dedicated November 2019
    Kendra ·
    • Flag
    It depends on whether you are having your wedding at your home town or further away. My wedding was 8 hours away for my side of the family so I sent my STD out 11 months in advance and my invites 3 months.
  • Christine
    Expert September 2020
    Christine ·
    • Flag

Most of our guests will have to fly, so we already sent our save the dates. If you have a lot of out-of-town guests I'd send your save the dates now. Otherwise you can wait until January (8 months out). For invitations, I'd send them about 2 months in advance, maybe a little earlier if your final headcounts are due on the early side or if you have mostly out-of-town guests.

• Benya
    Dedicated June 2020
    Benya ·
    • Flag
    Usually Save-the-Dates are sent out 6-8 months before and invitations are sent out 2-3 months before the wedding. Hope this helps
  • Amanda
    Master December 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    Depending on your OOT guests; you can do STDs as early as a year out and invites as early as (I believe) 3 months out. No later than 1 month out for invites and 6 months for STDs I'd say
  • Katie
    Beginner September 2020
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    Our wedding date is 9/12/20. Most of our guests are out of town and I sent out our STDs this past week. We wanted to beat the holiday craziness and give all of our out of town the chance to plan.
  • Alyssa
    Savvy September 2020
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    I plan on adding the save the date to our Christmas cards
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

We sent out save the dates 10 months ahead and invites 3 months ahead.

• Nicole
    Savvy September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

That's my wedding date as well! I'll be sending our Save the Dates out after Jan 1st. Everything that I've read says to send them about 8-9 months before your date. I initially wanted to send that out as "Christmas cards" but then chatted with a few people and opted not to so that they don't get lost/tossed out with all the Christmas/Holiday cards that people get.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics