We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Taylor
Savvy August 2020

What would you do?

Taylor, on August 3, 2020 at 8:55 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 21
Saved Save
When I see headlines like this, I panic. My wedding is in 13 days. 15 guests. My venue hasn’t said anything so I think we’re in the clear. But would YOU postpone AGAIN?

Sincerely, a freaked out bride to be. 😫 What would you do? 1

21 Comments

Latest activity by Lauren, on August 7, 2020 at 10:33 AM
  • Jana
    Rockstar October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    I personally would postpone because I would not want to be responsible for hosting an event where someone got ill or died as a result. You could still elope and send announcements, then host the party at a later date when it is safe to congregate. People should understand that safety is a priority and not something you're doing for fun.
  • Marcia
    Devoted March 2021
    Marcia ·
    • Flag
    I would go forward. 15 people is very small. The goal is to reduce the risk, not completely eliminate it at the cost of living our lives. Your event is low risk, just take precautions
  • Taylor
    Savvy August 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you for saying this. I appreciate it.
  • Neeva
    Rockstar September 2020
    Neeva ·
    • Flag

I would not postpone again with 15 people. Take precautions and enjoy your day

• Taylor
    Savvy August 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you. ❤️
  • Natalie
    Devoted November 2020
    Natalie ·
    • Flag
    With 15 people, I would not postpone. I would make sure to use some precautions— hand sanitizer, soap, masks, distancing— to help reduce the risk!
  • V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica Online ·
    • Flag

Has an actual number been given on how many people can gather? If it is less than 15 then I would postpone, but if there hasn't been a number given then I think you should be fine with it. Does 15 include yourself, spouse, wedding party (if you are having them) and any vendors?

• Taylor
    Savvy August 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    There will be distancing and our favors are hand sanitizer 😂 I think we may be good!
  • Taylor
    Savvy August 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    15 including us, our wedding party, and guests. 19 including vendors. We’re still in phase 3 right now so I think 150 people are allowed to be in an area at once.
  • V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Then I would just take all of the necessary precautions and proceed as long as your guests are comfortable and your venue is allowing it.
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    Yeah, if everyone is taking the precautions then I'd hope you are really reducing your risks to an acceptable level. I'll be crossing my fingers for you!
  • Hannah
    Rockstar July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    As long as you enforce masks, hand sanitizer/washing, and social distancing you should be fine. Avoid shaking hands/hugging/etc which I know can be hard, especially at a wedding.
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle Online ·
    • Flag
    With only 15 guests, I’d definitely move forward with precautions. It’s not worth postponing again.
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle Online ·
    • Flag
    With 15 people I would move forward.
  • H
    Super June 2019
    Hanna Online ·
    • Flag
    You only have 15 people total, and it sounds like you’re taking all the right precautions. As long as you don’t have guests traveling from out of state hotspots, I would move forward with the wedding. Now, if you were having 30 people, that would be a completely different story...but 15 is much more reasonable for a time like this
  • Marisa
    Rockstar May 2021
    Marisa ·
    • Flag

I would not postpone if you can safely physically distance from each other and if you’re okay with not being in photos in close proximity of those who are not in your immediate household. I would want to make sure everyone can and will safely distance and wear masks to keep it relatively safe.

• Margaret
    Rockstar October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

Reach out to your venue and talk to them. Personally, I would NOT postpone, but I would let me guests know there are no hard feelings if they opt out. A friend recently passed from a heart attack, tested for Covid at death - NEGATIVE. His death certificate said he died of Covid. I have friends who have gone to get tested and did not go through with testing but completed all the necessary forms and again NEVER TESTED - received notification 2 weeks later that they were Covid Postive, did I mention they were NEVER TESTED. This are personal accounts. I know people that work in hospitals and the media says "overwhelmed" and my friends are like, Nope, we're fine. -

At the end of the day, make your own informed decision based off the FACTS you know. Don't just go with what's on the news / papers. Do your research yourself. But personally, if I were you - I'd be moving forward as planned.

• N
    Just Said Yes July 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    I would not postpone. Try not to let the media get you down, they only report on negative stories...I have yet to see ANY news stories about successful, healthy weddings or parties and I guarantee they are happening everyday. We had our wedding on July 25. Everything was outside but we had 60 guests and we are all still healthy. Fingers crossed we stay that way..just waiting a few more days for the official “2 weeks” until I can relax about it! But as a bride before our wedding I was just like you and freaking out at every headline too. However all my guests reassured me if they were choosing to come, they understood their risks and would never blame me for exposing them. Everyone is an adult and can make their own choices. I guarantee you your guests have been in other public places with more than 15 people before, if not then maybe they shouldn’t be attending based on their comfort level. You deserve to enjoy your day, everyone there will make you feel extra special and be so happy to be celebrating with you!
  • Taylor
    Savvy August 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much for saying this. Out my mind at ease a bit. ❤️
  • Queen Cone
    Devoted September 2020
    Queen Cone ·
    • Flag
    Anyone who tells you to postpone again is just jealous for some reason. theres no reason u cant have a small wedding socially distant meanwhile people are packing the beaches and restaurants all around the country. even if the law changes and gathering size decreases its not going to be less than 15 people! always remember the media is looking for ways to create fear because thats how they make money. they specifically choose headlines that are attention grabbing but never tell the whole story

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles