You might be thinking, "Um, it's 2020 - what didn't go wrong?!" And I totally get it.
But I guess I'm looking to chat about some of the more "typical" things that have gotten messed up this year, global pandemic aside. Because things have been going wrong long before COVID, and will afterwards. Reminding myself that these things are normal helps.
We're dealing with so many little things popping up that I just have to laugh.
Here's some of the recent ones:
- Men's Wearhouse ordered the wrong tux for my fiancé and it's too late to fix. (Tip: do not use Men's Wearhouse.)
- Something happened with our hotel block and our room is the only one registered.
- We need to find a microphone stand last-minute.
- Miscommunication with the florist; we need to pick up greens from them this week and then DIY the centerpieces, while I was under the impression the florist was putting them together.
- We have to cover the cost for one of the groomsmen's suits.
- My venue has a bunch of rules about pictures that they didn't tell me when booking.
- I ordered a copper cake-cutting set months ago and the seller kept telling me to rest assured, that it would arrive in time. Narrator: it did not arrive in time. I had to cancel and Amazon Prime myself a cheap one.
- We're not having a rehearsal... so I can't wait to see what goofs happen at the ceremony, lol.
What about you?