Skip to main content
Katie
Dedicated August 2023

What was your favorite part ?

Katie, on May 19, 2022 at 6:41 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 17
Saved
What was your favorite part of going wedding dress shopping ?

I go dress this Sunday !!!! Im excited 馃槉 but nervous lol I always hated attention on me haha 馃槃 so it's going to feel a little weird hahaBut what was your favorite part shopping ?
Any tips ?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Crystal, on May 20, 2022 at 1:43 AM
  • Kelly
    Rockstar October 2023
    Kelly
    • Flag

Trying on the dresses was the most fun for me! It was a little weird being the center of attention, but I think I'm used to it now. Don't forget to take pictures of the dresses you like. Have fun!

• Katie
    Dedicated August 2023
    Katie
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm excited to try dresses on !
    I'm nervous being the center of the attention lol .
    Ohhh yessssss there will be a lot of pictures!
  • Kelly
    Rockstar October 2023
    Kelly
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Just remember that they're there to support you! Maybe you can think of it like practice for your wedding day. Or maybe you can distract them a bit? I gave my mom and sister a mock up of my invitation to look at while dress shopping, so their attention was split.

• Katie
    Dedicated August 2023
    Katie
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's a good idea .
  • Keyra
    Dedicated August 2022
    Keyra
    • Flag

I'm plus size so I was so worried about not finding my dress so I called and did research on the bridal shops I wanted to attend. so my favorite part was feeling like a princess and having options.

• Katie
    Dedicated August 2023
    Katie
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm a plus size too.
    I'm going to David's bridal on Sunday.
    I have a few dress in mind . I cant wait to try them on but im nervous because of all the attention lol . 馃槄
  • Paige
    Rockstar October 2022
    Paige
    • Flag

Have a few pictures of things you like so your consultant can get an idea of what you're looking for, and let them know your opinions on things like dress shapes, straps, sleeves, lace, sparkle, trains, different materials, etc. For me, it was helpful to think about dress cuts I'd worn previously that I liked or didn't like and what looked good or not.

During the actual appointment, I liked trying on a dress that I was pretty sure wouldn't be *the one* just to see how it would look. Mermaid/ trumpet/ fit-and-flare dresses are gorgeous, and I've seen so many brides look stunning in them, but I just don't like how they look on me. I'm glad I did try one just to confirm that they weren't what I was looking for so I never had the "what if..." feeling afterwards.

• Sloane
    Rockstar May 2022
    Sloane Online
    • Flag
    I think my favorite part was going alone and not being vulnerable to multiple opinions about what I should and should not get. I loved being able to tune into my own vision of what I wanted and when I did that dress selection was easy. I suppose the best part was finding the one and having the veil ( which I was not considering wearing) placed on my head. That鈥檚 when it became real.
  • Brianna
    Savvy July 2022
    Brianna
    • Flag
    I hate being the center of attention but trying in dress was very fun! I felt special and beautiful! It makes you super excited for that special day too! I hope you have fun and enjoy it! Take pics in each dress too! Hopefully you post someone so we can see!
  • Katie
    Dedicated August 2023
    Katie
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Awwee.
    I cant wait!!
    I'll definitely will post pics!!
  • Keyra
    Dedicated August 2022
    Keyra
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I stayed far away from David's bridal. they have beautiful dresses with reasonable pricing but I love a glitzy dress. which they don't have many of. I'm from Georgia so I went dress shopping at Anya bridal and they had great pricing and all the glam I needed. i had a small group just my sister mom and best friend so it wasn't bad but i love good attention and I didn't come out in anything in i didn't like

• Katie
    Dedicated August 2023
    Katie
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Awwe that's awesome
  • Alannah
    Beginner August 2022
    Alannah
    • Flag
    I got nervous having attention on me too when I went. But I had awesome bridesmaids who were honest but also hyped me up. Made me feel 100 times more confident. I tried a few places but I would say try not to overwhelm yourself in one day.

Take your time, don鈥檛 feel pressured. My first try on day I almost bought a dress because how little it cost, my MOH suggested to put it on hold and think it over. The next day I looked at pictures of me in it and I hated the dress. Thank goodness I didn鈥檛 buy it! So just take your time, don鈥檛 feel rushed or pressured to buy anything right away. And take tons of pictures!
  • Katie
    Dedicated August 2023
    Katie
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you sooo much for advice!!

I know there will a lot of pics will be taken
  • Keyra
    Dedicated August 2022
    Keyra
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I hope you have an amazing time!! make sure you bring people who have your best interest and know your style. be open to trying different styles and try to have fun don't stress it too much.

• Taylor
    Rockstar October 2022
    Taylor
    • Flag
    I just liked trying stuff on! My consultant was great and had me try on a bunch of different stuff which I was happy with because even though I thought I knew what I wanted I surprised myself and ended up falling in love with stuff I never imagined! So if your consultant suggests some stuff you thought you鈥檝e sworn off I鈥檇 still try it on! You might surprise yourself
  • Crystal
    Dedicated September 2022
    Crystal
    • Flag

I went to several appointments. The first one was just a few days after I got engaged, I wasn't really looking and didn't know exaclty what I wanted only because my taste had changed over the years and I recently had a baby so my body was different. But I wanted to go because my best friend was in town and I wanted to share the moment with her.

Overall, the best part for me was my first appointment because I had several friends who came. I was glad that I was able to have my friends together to show their support and to just have a good time. We had drinks, and food, and just had a blast! I don't even think I was really looking for theee dress at that time.

Tip: Trust your stylist. The location I ended up getting my dress from, the stylist pulled dresses that I frowned upon and didn't even want to try on. When I tell you EVERY dress was the ONE!!!! I was so stressed because she was soooo goooood at her job! I literally had to try on the dresses several times and accessorize just to make a final decision.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics