We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

E
Savvy July 2021

What to wear under the dress?

Emily, on January 19, 2021 at 1:42 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 7
Saved Save
I’m curious to see what others did for a bra/underwear (if any) under their dresses! My dress is backless and it has spaghetti straps and a v neck. (See photos) I have push up cups sewn into it now because I ordered it that way but they’re too cone-shaped for me so I was planning on having my seamstress sew in different more natural ones. I also wanted to wear those gel cups AND the cups that are sewn into the dress to help me fill it out more but I didn’t know if this was even a thing??? Lol! I’m lost! I was gonna use the stick on ones but my dress is so thin up top! What to wear under the dress? 1
What to wear under the dress? 2

7 Comments

Latest activity by Suzie, on January 21, 2021 at 8:53 PM
  • Belle
    Rockstar August 2022
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    We have the same thing going on. I ended up adding a thin cups sewn inside the dress. The dress came with push up cups and it made me rather insecure. I still wondering how I can bring the “girls” closer together to make a nicer cleavage. Maybe I have to go back to my seamstress and ask if she could sew the neckline closer together. Did you talk to your seamstress about it yet?
  • E
    Savvy July 2021
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I haven’t yet! I go for my first fitting in February! I really want some cleavage going on though haha I have some if I pull them up but the cups are more cone shaped than I would like
  • Belle
    Rockstar August 2022
    Belle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Cone shaped belongs to the past 🤣 You can actually cut them out yourself and slide in those removable cups that came with some bras, just to give you a better idea. I cut my cups out before I had my first visit at the seamstress, because it looked so terrifying. It was so thick, like those bras that added 2 cups at Victoria Secret. My adult daughter said I looked like a p*rn star with those push up cups, and I agree. I think natural looks better. And I did see some pictures posted on social media where the brides are in awkward position and showed the cups slightly 😬 Maybe a fashion tape is needed too.
  • Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring ·
    • Flag
    Im a 32DD so I would have to tape them down
  • Stacey
    Super October 2018
    Stacey ·
    • Flag

Your seamstress should be able to help. Mine put the cups in off to the side a bit so I had coverage and they created a push up effect. Too much push up for me, I wound up having them removed but if it is volume you are going for that may be your best option.

• Molly
    Expert August 2021
    Molly ·
    • Flag

These are from target and are about $20. I've used these for other similar type dresses and top. I think they work great!

GUEST_bb46b22c-f782-4c27-b741-32a5516336c6?wid=325&hei=325&qlt=80&fmt=webp

• Suzie
    Super October 2021
    Suzie ·
    • Flag
    I had two sets of cups sewn in mine. One in the natural place, and one that was more to the outer side to push them together. Worked wonders! I wore cotton nude underwear and nude shorts (like spanx material, but not tight) to avoid chafing without also feeling like a stuffed sausage 😂

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics