Lafuturase帽ora
Devoted April 2019

馃かwhat to expect for boudoir session?

Lafuturase帽ora, on January 23, 2019 at 1:41 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 18
Saved Save
Hey y鈥檃ll I鈥檓 doing a boudoir session next week for my honey and I鈥檓 not really sure what to expect馃槼馃槼. Did you do a boudoir session ? What was it like? Hot and saucy or more demure and sweet? How did your fianc茅 feel about it? Did they like them ?
my photographer said we could change as many times as we want and bring props (apparently someone has brought Taco Bell lol!) what kind of props would you bring?
if you had a shoot, where did you get prints from? as I know sexy stuff like that will probably be flagged NR & denied at normal print places馃槣

I鈥檓 excited though I think it might be fun, not sure if I want to give it to him for Valentines Day or save it for a wedding present yet.

18 Comments

• Carol
    Devoted October 2019
    Carol
    • Flag
    The session should be whatever makes you feel comfortable. They're not all over the top sexy and erotic. I've seen a ton of sweet, flirty boudoir photos. Look at Pinterest for some inspiration. Wear and do what makes you feel the best. If your fiance has a favorite sports team, maybe wear a jersey. Is he a gamer? Take a controller or two. If he has a hobby, incorporate some things he uses. What's his profession? Wear part of his uniform.

As far as printing, your photographer should be offering prints to you, or should be able to guide you to professional printing labs. If they don't, I'd recommend Adoramapix, Nations Photo Lab, Mpix, Artsy Couture, or Miller's.
  • Mrs. Sarantos
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. Sarantos
    • Flag
    Mine was mostly sexy but tasteful and sweet as well. You don鈥檛 feel sexy when you鈥檙e doing it though! I was able to bring four outfits. One prop I brought was my violin. My photographer did offer prints but i am planning to have them printed on my bridal pix.com, the deals are better than what she was offering.
  • sydney
    Devoted September 2019
    sydney
    • Flag

My photographer is taking mine the morning of the wedding in the hotel room. After my hair and makeup is done ill get my pics in my robe and lingerie before i put on my dress. I plan and giving him the prints on our one year anniversary!

• sydney
    Devoted September 2019
    sydney
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Good idea on the jersey and controller... I may end up using this Smiley winking

• Amanda
    Master December 2020
    Amanda
    • Flag
    Agreed; props would be his likes or activities (ex. My FH likes chopsticks in a bun with glasses and red lipstick holding a book) and I think "flirty" is a good way to describe boudoir. I wouldn't think he wouldn't enjoy it either! Have fun with it! I've pinterested A LOT
  • Ashleigh
    Savvy March 2019
    Ashleigh
    • Flag

I just had my session on Monday and I was a nervous wreck going into it! My photographer rocks and is an AWESOME coach and after the first picture, she erased all my nerves and concerns. Even though I was hardly wearing anything, it wasn't a sexy feeling but more of a confidence that she gave me during the session. I honestly felt like I was on top of the world and I know my FH is going to LOVE the little black book. He has no idea I did this so it'll be a great gift. I haven't decided if I will give to him before or after the wedding; I'd hate for him to put the book down somewhere LOL!

I may use my photographer to have them printed, or I'll go with Artifact Uprising and get a 7 x 7 or 8 x 8 book.

Oh! My FH loves football so one outfit was his teams jersey and a thong.

• Kyle-Lynn
    Expert February 2019
    Kyle-Lynn
    • Flag
    Definately have fun, be flirty, a good photog will help ease nerves and find all the right shots! I have done one previously, in like a corset and boy shorts, so not naked naked, a friend did military for her army hubby like old school pin up style in a jacket and heels! Im sure he will love it!
  • Lafuturase帽ora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturase帽ora
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you for the advice! I love the uniform ideas, FH isn鈥檛 a fan of many sports but he did play baseball for years so I think I can whip up something with that.
  • Lafuturase帽ora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturase帽ora
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oooo i love that idea so fun ! I鈥檒l look into the website & thank you for the recommendation !
  • Lafuturase帽ora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturase帽ora
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That is such a great idea for schedule and it鈥檒l match your wedding pictures such a special gift for a one year anniversary! I think I鈥檒l end up giving mine to my honey on Valentine鈥檚 Day, I am terrible with surprises 馃槄
  • Lafuturase帽ora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturase帽ora
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! I鈥檒l look to Pinterest...:-) I just remembered of some things he liked thank you for reminding me :-P
  • Lafuturase帽ora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturase帽ora
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That鈥檚 so great! I鈥檓 nervous too, but the photog seems really cool. How long was your session for? Mine will only be 45 minutes so I鈥檓 kinda worried to not have too many outfits cuz it鈥檒l cut into my picture time 馃槴it sounds like it would be a perfect gift to give him on the wedding night!!馃槏that way you guys can look st it together and have special moment Smiley smile
  • Ashleigh
    Savvy March 2019
    Ashleigh
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I think you're right about the wedding night!

My session was also 45 minutes. She would pose me and then she moved around to take the photo from different angles. So even though it wasn't a long session and I only had 3 outfits, I imagine I'll have about 80-100 photos which is a lot IMO

• Lafuturase帽ora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturase帽ora
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yay! Thank you for the advice. I鈥檒l try to just have fun with it . I鈥檓 currently trying to find some cute lingerie type bottoms to go with a jersey I have. I鈥檓 excited !
  • Lafuturase帽ora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturase帽ora
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ok awesome now I am not as worried :-) I think I鈥檒l do at least two or three outfits. And yes that is a lot! It鈥檒l look fantastic in a book though 馃グ. Where did you take your photos at? The photographer I鈥檓 booking with is getting an Air BnB here in the city.
    Are you staying at a hotel after your reception or going to a honeymoon? Getting a special gift like that might be his favorite part of the wedding other than marrying you :-P
  • Ashleigh
    Savvy March 2019
    Ashleigh
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

My photographer booked a really modern hotel room in DC, it's where she does all her boudoir shoots. I got my photos back and I barely used 1/4 for the book, there are SO MANY! I had them printed at MPix and I think I have a 30 page book. It was just the right size, even with a few two page spreads.

We are staying in a hotel the wedding night and then we leave the next day for our honeymoon. I'm definitely going to wait and give it to him after the wedding so I can see his expression!

How'd your session go?

• Lafuturase帽ora
    Devoted April 2019
    Lafuturase帽ora
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    So sweet! He鈥檚 going to love it I鈥檓 sure. That鈥檚 awesome I have been looking at options for photo books and Mpix looks really good.
    As for my session it went well! I was just a little nervous, but I regret not being myself and doing more poses I felt kinda stiff. Her friend/鈥渉elper鈥漺as there which I would鈥檝e been more comfortable if I had known it wouldn鈥檛 be just me and the photog. So far I鈥檝e gotten 9 photos edited back, I think I鈥檓 not a fan of the edited version but at the same time it鈥檚 probably nice to have them smoothed over yknow? I am nervous to ask if I can have unedited photos cuz I don鈥檛 know if she will be ok with giving them to me. But I know my FH might love those more.
  • R
    Dedicated October 2017
    Rachael
    • Flag

I honestly used Shutterfly to create a book. I was a little worried about having my pictures saved on the website, but I deleted them after I ordered the book and I haven't had any issues. I've made a ton of books on Shutterfly so I knew I could make a nice customizable book. It wasn't that expensive because they always have coupon codes available.

Comment on this discussion