Jordana
Devoted April 2020

What Table Runner Length?

Jordana, on July 21, 2019 at 5:46 AM Posted in Style and Décor 0 8
Saved Save
We are having a mixture of round tables & rectangle farm tables. For the farm tables we are going to be using table runners, the tables are 8ft long. I do want the table runners to run long but I'm not sure how long. I was thinking of ordering 12ft long runners so there is an extra 2ft on each side, but I think I want longer?

Attached are photos of the look we are going for. Suggestions on length?

What Table Runner Length? 1

What Table Runner Length? 2

What Table Runner Length? 3

8 Comments

• Alyssa
    Super September 2019
    Alyssa ·

I think to accomplish the look in the third picture you will probably want a little more than 2 ft. but the first two pictures have less gathered on the floor so I think that ordering the 20ft. ones will be fine.

• Cyndy
    Master May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    I would just caution you about having material dragging on the ground. You don’t want someone to trip on that. It’s beau but could be a hazard.
  • Selena
    Super September 2019
    Selena ·
    So a standard table is 30 inches high. If you did 2 feet it would stop 6 inches short of the floor on both sides. I would order a longer one.
  • Jordana
    Devoted April 2020
    Jordana ·
    View Quoted Comment
    That's exactly what I was thinking! I measured 2ft off each size and it leaves plenty of space off the floor - I'm just unsure about if I want to go a little longer 🤔.
  • Jordana
    Devoted April 2020
    Jordana ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh my gosh, thank you! Super helpful!! I think we'll be going with an extra 5ft then so it hits right at the floor (:

Thank you!!
  • Jordana
    Devoted April 2020
    Jordana ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!!
  • Bohobride19
    Savvy September 2019
    Bohobride19 ·
    I am going to have a very similar look at my wedding. We ordered 12 foot long runners because we wanted them to drape naturally down the side, very similar to the first picture.
  • Jordana
    Devoted April 2020
    Jordana ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Perfect!! We went with the 12ft as well (:

Congrats on your big day

Comment on this discussion