V
Champion July 2019

What Should i Do

Veronica, on January 21, 2020 at 12:47 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 7
Saved
I am a bridesmaid in one of my friend's wedding in April. While I love her, she isn't good at planning or organizing. She finally went on Saturday to look at wedding dresses at David's Bridal. While she was there, she found a bridesmaid dress she wants us all to wear. She sent us the link for the dress so I went on to order it and the estimated delivery date isn't until four days before the wedding which wouldn't leave time for alternations. Me and the other bridesmaids aren't sure what to do. Any advice?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Joanna, on January 21, 2020 at 2:35 PM
  • Megan
    Super October 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    Does she know this? If I were you, I would tell her and express your concerns about getting it altered in time for the wedding.
    Is it just this dress? Would another similar dress be in faster, or is this just the general DB ship time?
  • Neeva
    VIP September 2020
    Neeva ·
    • Flag

Tell her the information and leave it up to her to decide what to do next.

• Lauren
    VIP September 2019
    Lauren ·
    • Flag
    David's bridal gives worse case delivery dates. My girls ordered their dresses with a 8-12 week shipping time and they all received their dresses within 3 weeks. If you have to get alterations most dry cleaners can turn it around in 1 day.
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

Call her immediately and let her know, she has to pick a different dress that can arrive quicker. I'd probably go with somewhere like Macy's or Amazon or somewhere that ships quicker than David's Bridal.

• Kathryn
    VIP August 2020
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag
    I mean, they told me March for my dress and they just got it in. Yes I ordered it in December, but a month turn around isn't bad.
  • Virginia
    Super June 2021
    Virginia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Wish this were true....still waiting on my MOH dress and we are already beyond the estimated shipping date.

• Joanna
    Dedicated October 2020
    Joanna ·
    • Flag
    Yikes! When you tell her this information, have a couple of dress websites as options to share. Azazie says 3 weeks turn around, and Lulu's is pretty fast as well. Both have amazing dresses!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics