Ok we know guests are not obligated to give a gift but most believe its customary and do. It seems like from what I read, everyone has those couple or many guests who did not gift or card. I feel like there's a lot of threads about what to do but I want to know more: how did you deal, how did you feel, what happened after all that?
1. How many people didn't give you a gift? Did they have to travel, or did they give you a wedding shower gift etc?
2. Were they repeat offenders in other weddings or seem like they don't know etiquette? Or do you think they just didn't want to give a gift?
3. Did you send them a thank you card?
4. Did you talk to them as often/the same as before afterward? What happened? Did it ever come up?
5. How did it make you feel then and now?
6. Did you remember it when inviting them/gifting to other gifting occasions in the future and did that change how you handled it? Did you let it go on the surface or totally and completely let it go?
I'm not here to judge anyone or be ungrateful to the generosity of our friends and family. This isn't that. I just really want to know how it affected brides/grooms and how people dealt with it and their feelings.