K
Devoted September 2019

What did you add for your parents’ brag book?

KT4ever, on October 21, 2019 at 2:06 PM Posted in Planning 0 4
Saved Save
Husband and I were really strict with pictures. We requested for an unplugged ceremony (no one listened, of course), so there were pictures being posted on social media right after the ceremony.

I don’t know if it’s a cultural thing but our families are obsessed with pictures (definitely my mom more than his though. My MIL in chill about pictures).

Our plan was to keep it a secret once we got pictures back from our photographer (my parents have asked me everyday). We’ll be sending “thank you” cards and making copies for our big group picture we had after the ceremony with our photographer. We wanted to make “brag books” for our parents.

my question is how did you format them? My mom is very particular and critical and she could care less about my husband’s side of the family with pictures. Same goes for MIL. I also don’t want to give away too many pictures bc it is our wedding and we have our own “brag” book”, per se. (also, my husband’s side of the family was huge). Here’s the events I was thinking:

-immediate family pics
- bridesmaids/groomsmen wedding party pic
- pics with bride and groom
- pics with parents in it
- events within our ceremony
- reception entrance
- food
- cake cutting
- first dance, mother/son, father/daughter

Then the few spaces I have with family members I’ll switch acc to bride’s side vs. groom side.

thoughts and ideas?

4 Comments

• Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag

I actually think you have it really well thought out. It seems like you have all the important pictures covered.

• Taylor
    Rockstar October 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag

That sounds good!!! Who was your flower girl? If it was a niece, I'd definitely add that to the book for whichever side she's on. I plan to get this shot of my soon to be niece. I think it will be super sweet for her to have on her wedding day. I'll be making an unplugged sign but 100% expect my grandmother to ruin the ceremony trying to get photos. She ruined dress shopping and I wouldn't put it past her to add this event too. I have no idea what's wrong with people. There was literally a professional hired to capture the moment. Your dinosaur phone photos are not going to outdo the photographer. Just. Sit. Down.

What did you add for your parents’ brag book? 1
  • Sarah
    Devoted April 2022
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    Oh god, I can relate to the picture obsession—I think all my future FIL cares about is pictures. He got himself a fancy DSLR camera and everything! We plan to have unplugged ceremony and I fully expect him to ignore it and take pictures anyway 🙄

I love the idea of giving your parents brag books! I agree that they sound well thought out. I would also probably try and include some getting ready pics—everyone always loves those!—and some pics highlighting your ceremony and reception decor.
  • K
    Expert September 2020
    Ka-Rina ·
    • Flag
    Maybe have a one on one conversation about it with the people you are most concerned about? But not tell them what they can or can't do but just politely ask to please please just enjoy the ceremony and that if they don't and some professional shots get ruined it will be very upsetting. If they disregard after that...they are just jerks

Comment on this discussion