A
Expert January 2020

What did y’all do?

Abby, on January 3, 2020 at 8:58 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 16
Saved
Hello everyone!
I am just a little over two weeks away till I get married! I am now concerned on how I will go to the bathroom during the day with my dress on. It’s between a mermaid and a sheath fit dress. I do not like people going in with me and It’s a little too late to order a bridal buddy to wear (we leave in less than two weeks for HI).
So I was wondering what you guys did?Any advice would be helpful!! Thanks everyone!

16 Comments

Latest activity by Alejandra, on January 7, 2020 at 3:06 PM
  • Hannah
    Master July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    I had a fit and flare and I was able to hike up the skirt myself ok. It was difficult but doable. I somehow only ended up using the restroom once the entire time I was in the dress.
  • Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    If you think a bridal buddy would have worked... consider a trashbag?
    Cut a hole in it, pull it up and use it like a bridal buddy.
  • A
    Expert January 2020
    Abby ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s crazy! Only thing I’m afraid of is my super long train! I have it bustled but by myself in the restroom seems like a chore.. I might just be overthinking it.
  • A
    Expert January 2020
    Abby ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s a good idea. Thank you. I also saw someone use an ikea bag before!
  • Mrs. S
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    I’m a teacher and I have a huge bladder so I just went before i put on my dress and then after the reception was over.
  • A
    Expert January 2020
    Abby ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I work in the medical field and will go 12+ hrs and not even think about it, but it being the big day I just have a feeling I will want to go a lot. I have a nervous bladder.. but I think after the ceremony maybe I’ll be ok.
    I’m glad to know it hasn’t been a problem for others with a big bladder though!!
  • Suzie
    Super October 2021
    Suzie ·
    • Flag

A coworker of mine wore a fit and flare dress, and she said she just didn’t wear underwear and lifted her skirt and stood over the seat. I know it’s awkward, but I’d personally rather have a close friend or family member help me out.

• A
    Expert January 2020
    Abby ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow I wish I had that confidence to do that. I know I’ll have someone in there was just hoping I didn’t really have to use them until I was done.
  • Suzie
    Super October 2021
    Suzie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Haha, I know, right? I was pretty shocked she told me that - let alone that she did it! I did appreciate the tip, bc it’s something we all deal with, but no one tells you! I will have to figure this one out myself. My sister will prob have to step up Smiley xd

• A
    Expert January 2020
    Abby ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah I think my mom will have to “take one for the team” lol.
    I knew I’d have someone to help me get all back “together” but just hoping they didn’t have to sit over me while I went lol.
  • Bridget
    Devoted October 2019
    Bridget ·
    • Flag
    And this is why I love my Matron of honor- she deserves a medal because I got my “friend” the day before my wedding. So it could have been disaster. One tip someone told me was to sit on the toilet backwards. I had a huge dress so I wouldn’t have even attempted it alone. I’m pretty private but honestly it didn’t matter that night. And with the train nothing was showing. 😂 I’d def pick a bathroom buddy you can trust. ( and a backup if that buddy tends to get inebriated)
    Good luck and congratulations!!
  • A
    Expert January 2020
    Abby ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow! Thanks for the advice!
  • Sherry
    Master September 2019
    Sherry ·
    • Flag

I was so worried about this. My wedding dress was a huge, heavy ballgown and my bladder is the size of a peanut so I knew I would have to go like 50 times. It was suggested to be to sit backwards on the toilet so maybe you can try that.

Once things got underway, I guess the running around scared my bladder without me even realizing it because I did not have to go all day long.

• A
    Expert January 2020
    Abby ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I am relieved to hear so many people never had a problem!! It’s like you just get caught up in the day!
  • Catherine
    VIP November 2019
    Catherine ·
    • Flag

My mom and sister went with me the first time (girl i had on some serious spanks for my mermaid gown lol ) but after that i was just kind of like "whatever". i held it all the way up in my arms so it didn't touch the floor or toilet. i was just fine because it was bustled.

• Alejandra
    Super March 2019
    Alejandra ·
    • Flag

I had a mermaid/trumpet fit dress with the puffy slip under neath, I lifted my dress all the way put my legs on both sides of the toilet and lowered myself down as low as I could and did it that way, with the size of my dress help would not have helped much as someone would have to literally be under me. My aunt cleaned the bridal suite bathroom for me super clean and I was the only one who went up there and used it. Just be ready with paper before you go, lol.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics