Heather
Dedicated October 2019

What designer pumps are comfortable?

Heather, on March 14, 2019 at 7:36 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 8
Saved Save
What designer pumps are you wearing and are they comfortable? I'm buying my first I air and I want them for the future, so not only will they look great on our big day, but they will be an investment. I do not own any great shots, so looking for recommendations.

8 Comments

• Alexandra
    Super December 2018
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag

I have worn Jessica Simpson and those are comfy. For my wedding, I bought Betsy Johnson the Blue collection, which have a variety of different heel sizes and also styles... There's a lot on sale often on their website, and also at Nordstrom.

• Melissa
    VIP October 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

My Badgley Mischka shoes were really comfortable once I wore them around the house to break them in for a few days Smiley smile Lasted longer in them than I had thought I would. (Still switched to my chucks for party time though!)

• HayMrsO
    Master October 2018
    HayMrsO ·
    • Flag

Designer like $$$ designer, right?

Let me see...

I have Louboutin heels. They are pure torture.

I have Jimmy Choo heels. Same.

I have Valentino flats...I can wear those for an hour or 2. All day and I will definitely have blisters.

I have Gucci heels and a few pairs of flats...the heels hurt, but not as bad as the others. The flats are the best. I could wear the flats all day long.

Most European brands are made for a slim foot and run small, so be sure to be sized in the brand you want in a store before (if) you order them online. If you are not used to wearing heels all day, I would suggest wearing them a bit before the wedding to break them in. There are several different kinds of inserts that are supposed to help, but I have never tried them.

Also, a hint, since big name designers rarely to never go on sale, buy them online through a store that gives cash back through Ebates. Stores like Neiman Marcus or Barneys will be giving 10% cash back at different times...on a pair of those shoes, that could be $60-$100 back in your pocket just for using their link to shop. I love my Ebates checks!

• Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·
    • Flag

Hey Heather! The two designers that I swear by are Sam Edelman and Steve Madden! I have flats, heels, boots and booties from them both and all of them are comfortable! Obviously break them in before the big day, but other than that they are amazing!

• M.W.
    VIP June 2019
    M.W. ·
    • Flag

Badgley Mischka

• Heather
    Dedicated October 2019
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes! These are the designers in taking about! Ok, so I have average size feet. I'm 5'5" and 125 pounds. I've been watching youtube reviews and everyone likes the Christian Louboutin Pigalle pumps, as far comfort is concerned. Also, the Valentino Rockstud t-strap pumps, which I favor. I will have to test drive them at Neiman Marcus.
  • HayMrsO
    Master October 2018
    HayMrsO ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

The nude Pigalle pump is so pretty! Valentino has an ivory caged heel right now at Neiman Marcus that is beautiful. They have a silver rockstud slingback too that I wish came in flats!

Jimmy Choo has several shoes that look more "bridal" to me, like the Lang sandal or the Lancer pump.

What about Manolo Blahnik? They have some great shoes as well.

Best thing you can do is try them on one right after the other and walk around the store a little bit.

I love a good shoe! They can make a whole outfit. I stopped buying crap shoes at Target and the like every season and started buying good shoes that are classic, not trendy, and will last for years...and still have some resale value.

• Ellen
    Beginner February 2020
    Ellen ·
    • Flag
    OLIVIA K Ankle Strap Pump is very comfortable to wear with some enough good heels. If you are looking for a pump with the small heel then Prada is the best option with a very comfy heel. Here https://bonboma.com/collections/womens-pump-heels you can explore a variety of pump heels with all details.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics