We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Kimberly
Super March 2021

What color veil? And what do i do with old veil?

Kimberly, on September 10, 2020 at 11:23 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 22
Saved Save
So I did exchange my dress today. I’m so happy with the new dress. It’s perfect and it was on clearance so I was able to take home the sample today (in perfect condition) and it only cost me an extra $120. Yay! Alterations will be more than would have been on my first dress, but I feel like a bride in this dress.
Question 1 .... the dress is ivory/champagne. The bodice is champagne with an ivory overlay and the skirt is layers of ivory ruffles. What color veil do I go with?
Question 2 .... what do I do with the first veil I bought? While it is ivory, it is a cathedral length, appliqué veil that wouldn’t look good with new dress. It wasn’t expensive at all so I don’t necessarily have to do anything with it, but if there is an option I’d be interested in selling it.
New dress:What color veil? And what do i do with old veil? 1
Veil I have but can’t use: What color veil? And what do i do with old veil? 2

22 Comments

Latest activity by Kimberly, on September 15, 2020 at 6:25 PM
  • Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    A white or very pale ivory veil. Someone suggested in another thread Biancasveils on Etsy.

You can the one you have on Facebook Marketplace or Letgo/Offerup
  • Michelle
    Expert May 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

The new dress is beautiful 😊

• Kimberly
    Super March 2021
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Like a light ivory you think? Thanks!
  • Kimberly
    Super March 2021
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!
  • Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes I would think so. Your dress looks fairly white so you could go either way. The material used is thin enough that white vs ivory is not distinguishable.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    I’d order a sample of the veil color. It would be better to go lighter than darker or the veil might look dirty. I bought my beautiful veil from Bridals by Teri, she sold samples. Blanca Veils might too.
  • Marabeth
    Devoted September 2021
    Marabeth ·
    • Flag
    I know nothing about veils but that dress is gorgeous!
  • Sarah
    Super August 2021
    Sarah Online ·
    • Flag
    The new dress is gorgeous
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    Beautiful dress! Congratulations! For the veil, I would suggest going with an ivory veil. Are you able to return the original veil? If not, you could always try to sell it online or even donate it.
  • Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

The new dress is gorgeous. I'd try a couple of options and see what you like best. I'd try an ivory first then white. But definitely try it with the dress to make sure they go well together.

You can try to sell the Veil online - keeping in mind pending what you paid for it you may not get full price back.

• Kimberly
    Super March 2021
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’ll look into samples. Thank you!
  • Kimberly
    Super March 2021
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! I’m really excited about it!
  • Kimberly
    Super March 2021
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!
  • Kimberly
    Super March 2021
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I am not able to return it, I’ve had it past the return window. It really was not expensive at all so if I can’t sell it isn’t a big deal. Do you know where might be a good place to donate it?
  • Kimberly
    Super March 2021
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! I should have paid attention to the veil I tried on at the shop but I didn’t. 😏
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    If you can't sell it, Goodwill, Salvation Army, a local church, or a local charity organization would all probably accept a veil donation. You can also list it on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace as free.
  • Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

If you can remember the approximate length, fingertip, elbow that will be a good start. Was it 1 tier or 2?

• Kimberly
    Super March 2021
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh yeah it was a single tier, elbow length. I’m just not sure what color it was. I do think a simple veil will be best since the dress is so flashy.
  • Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

My dress is ivory, but bought my veil in white and you really can't tell the difference. Even the dress color is very deceiving. LOL...

• Kimberly
    Super March 2021
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah the bodice you can tell is a darker color but the tulle skirt you really can’t tell if it’s white or ivory. I’m thinking I’ll go with a light ivory like someone suggested. Seems to make the most sense.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics