Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julia
Dedicated March 2021

What color shoes?

Julia, on March 19, 2020 at 12:30 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 11
So I already have my dream dress, the Ruby dress by BHLDN! But I have no clue what to wear on my feet. I refuse to wear heels. I bought these Keds x Kate Spade glitter sneakers which I love but I'm not sure they go. The shoes are cream whereas the beading on my dress seems more off white than cream. I know you won't see the shoes much but I don't want them to clash. My mom and aunt said they look good but my best friend said the color was off (she also recommended navy flats which I don't think I'd like!). So I figured I'd ask this awesome community for any advice on the shoes I already bought, as well as ideas if I decide to exchange for something else. What are all you non-white dress wearing brides getting for your feet?! What color shoes? 1
What color shoes? 2

11 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I would go with nude or silver
  • M
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I think it’s fine. Like ya said no one will notice and you have them already and they’re cute !
  • S
    Beginner October 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

If you like the keds, maybe check out this pair...https://www.keds.com/en/keds-x-kate-spade-new-york-champion-glitter/14126W.html?dwvar_14126W_color=WF62870#cgid=women-ourcollections-kedsxkatespadenewyork&start=1

I ordered them to change into during my reception. They are multi color sequins (rose gold, gold, cream, silver), so are a bit more muted than the cream ones. Though I do think the cream ones work with the beading on your dress.

• Julia
    Dedicated March 2021
    Julia ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you for the suggestion! So I think the rose gold would have actually been better. But I order cream in size 11 and they were slightly big so I figured I'd exchange size and color. But apparently they don't make 10.5! I'm disappointed, they have half sizes in everything else just not the size I need! So I guess my hunt continues.
  • Julia
    Dedicated March 2021
    Julia ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Not sure if there's a way to edit my original post, I just checked Keds and they don't have 10.5 (the 11 I ordered were too big) so I guess I have to return and start over. Other ideas/suggestions for non-heel shoes are appreciated!
  • S
    Beginner October 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

Maybe try a 10 Wide? I usually wear an 9, but had tried them on in an 8.5 in the store and they fit. Was worried they would be a little narrow, so ordered the 8.5 W and they were way too big, so had to exchange for 8.5M. Might be worth trying, if you really like the shoes.

• Julia
    Dedicated March 2021
    Julia ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks for the tip! I may try and find them in store (when stores reopen!) so I can try in person and see the sizing. I already have to return one pair, don't want to have to do it a second time! Thanks again.
  • Cyndy
    Master May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I would go for a nude shoe.
  • VIP August 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    What color shoes? 3

I'm wearing these. they're not quote as comfortable as Keds, but my dress is also from BHLDN (Geranium dress, Willowby by Watters) and I think it might be a similar color to yours.

• C
    Dedicated September 2019
    Cardioqueen ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    Those are really cute.
  • VIP August 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics