Ti'Anna
Expert May 2021

Welcome bags

Ti'Anna, on February 27, 2020 at 8:18 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 1 33
Saved
Who all is doing welcome bags? If so, what are you putting them?

33 Comments

Latest activity by Ti'Anna, on February 28, 2020 at 7:13 PM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I didn’t do any but I would definitely put in some local snacks
  • Hope
    Dedicated August 2020
    Hope ·
    • Flag
    My friend and her husband are coming up to NH for my wedding but will be taking a small vacation in Boston since they’ll be up here anyway. Neither of them have been up here before so I’m going to grab a bunch of pamphlets from the visitors center and then I’ll add some local made products: honey, candy, Christmas ornament, a lobster key chain, and a gift certificate to a local seafood restaurant on the coast. I’m going to have a snack basket for them, too, with local drinks and snacks that they can only really get here.
  • PrissiePants
    Dedicated May 2021
    PrissiePants ·
    • Flag
    Water and combos. I have been trying to find these baby topo chicos to add also. Damn I miss Texas!Welcome bags 1

• Ti'Anna
    Expert May 2021
    Ti'Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh okay, sounds nice! Never had it before
  • Ti'Anna
    Expert May 2021
    Ti'Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Girl you doing it up!! Sounds amazing !
  • Ti'Anna
    Expert May 2021
    Ti'Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Researching now
  • L
    Super October 2020
    Leslie ·
    • Flag

I’m putting a couple of bottles of water, and snacks that originated in Chicago (where we live) lemonheads, tootsie rolls, wrigley gum, Frango mints and snickers fun size as they are made 2 blocks from our house. I’m also going to have a few brochures of area attractions and a note welcoming them. And going to offer Lyft to/from hotel on day of reception so that they can have cocktails at reception via Lyft events.

• Eshell
    Devoted July 2021
    Eshell ·
    • Flag
    No because Our guest staying different places. If we were all “bunking” it at the same resort then yes. Not ideal for my wedding “accommodations set up “
  • Perla
    Dedicated November 2020
    Perla ·
    • Flag
    We are doing a destination wedding in mexico so our we are doing 2 welcome bags 1 with different snacks and another is a beach bag with sunscreen, bug spray, tylenol, sunglasses, Kleenex, flashlights, antibacterial wipes, bandaids, and other necessities.
  • Nikki
    Devoted April 2021
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I didn’t realize all these treats were from Chicago! I’m also a Chicago bride and was going to do local treats. Might add boxes of Cracker Jack since it was created here for the World Fair in 1893. Or there’s always Garett’s 😉
  • Steffani
    Dedicated August 2020
    Steffani ·
    • Flag
    We are doing welcome bags with something salty, something sweet. I picked pistachios for the salty and FH picked cookies for the sweet. Also adding a couple bottles of water, maybe a water enhancer like mio. Gum. Itinerary/info. And a personalized note! My venue is also making personalized wooden name tag/signs for each guests’ room which I thought was a sweet touch!
  • Maggie
    Super April 2020
    Maggie ·
    • Flag
    I am doing them: just getting some paper bags and filling it with 2 water bottles, bags of pretzels, tissues pack, individual makeup wipe, Advil, and I think rice krispee treats or some chocolate candy and our Lyft voucher
  • L
    Super October 2020
    Leslie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I really would like to do Garrett’s but I can’t figure out logistics to keep it fresh. I’d have to go downtown on Thursday morning and then take bags to hotel in Warrenville. I still trying to decide. Ferraro Pan in Forest Park (off Eisenhower ) makes m

Lemonheads, fireballs, Boston baked bean. They have a factory store and cheap candy. Tootsie is south side. And Wrigley gum is here. Frangos are from Marshall Fields. I may also do mini Pixies from Fannie May. Not sure if they originated here but they say Chicago to me

• Angela
    Savvy May 2021
    Angela ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Your hotel is in warrenville? That must mean you’re getting married in the suburbs..? Where at? I’m getting married in Wheaton in May 2021!
  • L
    Super October 2020
    Leslie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Stonebridge in Aurora-and I was doing reception at reserve 22 in Glen ellyn but had to change date and went further.

• L
    Super October 2020
    Leslie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Lyft events allows you to put money on an account and they give promo code to book. Is that what you mean by voucher?

• Angela
    Savvy May 2021
    Angela ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh cool! I was going to do welcome bags but wasn’t sure what to put in them. I like your ideas so I’ll keep them in mind!
  • Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    We are having a DW, and I would really love to do welcome bags- just not sure if it will be in the budget yet. We are getting married in New Orleans, so my plan is to do a little hangover kit (because you know it will be needed after a night on Bourbon Street lol) - bottle of water, packet of Excedrin migraine, and a Bloody Mary in a can (hair of the dog haha). Then I want to also include something local to the area (i’ve seen little make your own beignet kits, or mini bags of chicory coffee), some mardi Gras beads, coupons for local events, restaurants, etc., as well as a map of the French Quarter (where we will all be staying). FH and I are paying for the majority of our wedding, so I’m not sure if it will be in the budget. I hope it will be though!! 🤞🏻
  • Hope
    Dedicated August 2020
    Hope ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol - mind you it’s just for one couple!
  • McKenzie
    Savvy October 2020
    McKenzie ·
    • Flag

We are doing hotel bags for our guests. I found some great, sturdy, and affordable bags on Amazon but here is what we are placing inside:

1) 2 bottles of water,

2) something sweet (from a local gourmet popcorn shop) and something salty (VA peanuts - they are huge here Smiley smile )

3) Hangover kit - includes earplugs, makeup remover, Alive, Shout wipes, Pepto capsules.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics