K
Savvy September 2021

Weird question..

Kayla, on July 21, 2021 at 7:23 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 9
Saved
So what is everyone wear for underwear?
I’m not fat but I’m not skinny either. I have a little pouch and I want the best underwear to kinda suck it in so to speak. My first fitting is aug 19th and I get married sept 18th. I plan on wearing no bra as well with my dress as it was a built in one.

9 Comments

Latest activity by SHY, on July 22, 2021 at 2:00 PM
  • Rosie
    Rockstar February 2022
    Rosie ·
    • Flag

What kind of dress do you have? This will determine what you choose for underneath! For example, mine is a ballgown, so nothing will really show through and the lower stomach area which I might want to hide is under the skirt, so already disguised. I wouldn't mind something that really yanks in the waist, but the dress might be tight enough to do that by itself, so all I'd need is the petticoats for underneath and regular underwear.

I'd choose something totally different if I had a tight dress, or backless etc.

Also, all sizes can wear shapewear - it just smooths things out. Depending on the brand and your body shape though, sometimes it can create more lumps than it smooths, so do make sure you try it out before the day and see if you like the way it makes you look.

And whatever you pick, DEFINITELY make sure it has some kind of snaps or similar so you can use the toilet!

• K
    Savvy September 2021
    Kayla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I suppose you’re right! I have an A-line dress so it flares out after my belly button or just below it so I probably don’t need one and am just overthinking how I’ll look in it!
  • Rosie
    Rockstar February 2022
    Rosie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I think we all do that. You can always go try some shapewear on and see if you like it, it's not like you have to buy Smiley smile

• I
    Expert August 2021
    Ingrid ·
    • Flag

I bought bike shorts (mid-thigh) style shapewear, wore it to my first fitting. Then the seamstress said bc my dress is 5 layers it's not going to "smooth" much out and panty lines won't show. Went to the second fitting, didn't wear the shapewear and thought I didn't need it, well I didn't take into account the shapewear kept my thighs from rubbing and not sticking together. So for the third and final fitting happening in a couple of weeks, I'm going to put the shapewear back on, not bc my dress needs it, but to keep my thighs from rubbing/sticking together. As for underwear the shapewear does have an opening for using the bathroom but that feels totally strange. I purchased some very thin underwear that advertised no panty lines ever - purchased them at Macy's.

• Victoria
    Devoted June 2020
    Victoria ·
    • Flag
    I went to a privately owned lingerie store for my bra and shapewear. I brought the dress and they got it dead on what I needed. I ended up with spanx and a corset style bra
  • Jasmine E.
    Rockstar May 2022
    Jasmine E. ·
    • Flag
    This sounds similar to me. My gown has an excellent built-in bra, then I'll have some shapewear that covers from waist to thighs.
  • Michelle
    Rockstar October 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    Try Honeylove because that will suck you in and not roll down.
  • Jessica
    Dedicated October 2021
    Jessica Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I second Honeylove!! I used it under my dress (sheath style) and it worked great!! Also using it under my a-line/ball gown that I’m wearing for my upcoming reception and it looked good at the fitting.
  • SHY
    Master January 2022
    SHY ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I agree with Michelle! I've heard a lot of good things about this brand and plan on trying them out for my wedding!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics