Bambidancer
Savvy April 2021

Wedding Weekend

Bambidancer, on July 22, 2019 at 1:40 AM Posted in Planning 0 13
Saved Save
Any brides planning on having a wedding weekend? My family is flying in and me and my fiancé are driving in to the area his family lives.

I feel like planning a wedding weekend with our wedding shower and little events for my family to get to meet his before our big day would be best. Anyone else do this or is planning on doing this???

13 Comments

• Futuremrsv
    Devoted December 2019
    Futuremrsv ·
    Hi! We’re having a wedding weekend. First night is our rehearsal dinner/welcome bbq, next night the wedding & then the following morning we’re hosting a farewell brunch.
  • Btbride
    Super August 2019
    Btbride ·
    Mine will sort of be a wedding weekend, but not a formal one necessarily. Friday will be my bachelorette party and Saturday night is the rehearsal dinner with family and bridal party, then wedding Sunday.
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    That sounds like a good idea. If you're having rehearsal that's another chance to do a dinner after too
  • Sabrina
    Beginner August 2019
    Sabrina ·
    I think it is a great idea! A nice thank you for guests who have traveled, especially if you do not get to see them that often. It is what we are doing.
  • Dayna
    Dedicated March 2021
    Dayna ·

Haven't decided exactly what we are doing yet, but our wedding will definitely be a weekend event. Our wedding is sort of destination (same state for most guests, but noone, including us, lives in the city we are getting married in). Everyone will be travelling at least a few hours so we will have a hotel block and likely some kind of welcome reception. We will also have a rehearsal dinner the night before, and we are going to give guests suggestions for local attractions they can do.

It sounds like you are almost planning a pre-wedding weekend with your shower and other events. I'm not sure if we will do something like that, but I think it sounds like a great idea if your families haven't met!

• S
    Savvy June 2019
    Sheila ·
    Ours was. It started on Wednesday and ran until Sunday with a farewell brunch. It was a South Asian interfaith wedding so a lot of traditions. Everyone had a blast, and it makes sense if family and friends are taking time off for your wedding.
  • Julia
    Beginner April 2020
    Julia ·

We will be having a wedding on a Thursday, and all of our friends (about 10-15) are flying in, so we will spend the entire weekend with them to express our gratitude for flying so far to celebrate with us!

• Jessica
    VIP September 2020
    Jessica ·
    View Quoted Comment
    We’re doing the same kind of thing, everyone will be traveling 2+ hours to get to the wedding location. We have a few ideas of things to do throughout the weekend to celebrate with everyone, and since we’re getting married in one of our favorite places we’ll include lots of recommendations on our wedding website. FH specifically wanted to get married Oktoberfest weekend in Breckenridge, so in addition to outdoor recreation, museums, the amusement park, etc, people can hang out at the festival with us Sunday before heading home. We think a wedding weekend sounds fun and those who want to join us can make a mini vacation of it.
  • Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·
    Friday night we had dinner with my mom and brother, 2 of my uncles, and my husband’s grandparents. Then we went out to a second late dinner (lol) with my MOH and her girlfriend, his best man, and another OOT friend who had flown in for the wedding.

Saturday we spent all morning and afternoon getting stuff to the venue and setting up in the bridal suite. Got my hair done at 2. Rehearsal at 3. Wrapped bouquets with the bridesmaids while husband and his groomsmen got drinks at the bar at 4. Rehearsal dinner was 5-7 (included bridal party, immediate families, and OOT relatives... it was just under 25 people total). Then spent about an hour with my mom and brother, husband’s dad and brother and grandparents at our house. Then spent an hour at my grandparents’ house with my uncles and my cousin. Then went to the bridal suite and saw a few friends before bed.

Sunday was the wedding! Ended by 5 and we went out to dinner with about a dozen friends at 6:30. Then some of them hung out with us in our suite until midnight.

Monday had lunch with my uncles and my cousin.
  • Samantha
    Super August 2019
    Samantha ·
    We’re doing a week but it’s a destination wedding - first weekend is Bach party camping trip, then pre wedding stuff, rehearsal, wedding and post wedding brunch and more weekend activities for anyone staying all weekend.
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·

We had a semi-DW since everyone lived about 2 hours away. We had a welcome dinner on Friday, wedding on Saturday, and farewell brunch on Sunday.

• Candice
    Just Said Yes September 2019
    Candice ·
    View Quoted Comment

Awesome, we're getting married in Vail, CO on Labor Day weekend and also making a wedding weekend of it with lots of fun things planned from Friday thru Monday.

• Pia
    Dedicated October 2020
    Pia ·
    No! But I’m doing a Bridal Shower weekend in conjunction with the 2020 Essence Festival in New Orleans .

Comment on this discussion