We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Madison
Savvy May 2021

Wedding Website Help!

Madison, on March 3, 2021 at 2:11 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 16
Saved Save
My fiancé and I are trying to finish our website and have nothing to put for our how we met or proposal story. We met on tinder and don’t want to put that on our website for all our friends and family to see 😂 and our proposal was small and intimate and not a very exciting story. What are some suggestions to put on our website instead!?

16 Comments

Latest activity by LeeAnn, on April 16, 2021 at 7:22 PM
  • Michelle
    Rockstar October 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

You don't have to include anything you aren't comfortable with. Browse other websites such as withjoy.com and see what those couples did. You can have a fun trivia page about you or anything you like.

• Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    You could talk about your first date instead of how you met! For the proposal story, maybe just a short sentence on when/where? Such as, "We got engaged on [date] at [place]"?
  • Shelly
    Rockstar January 2022
    Shelly ·
    • Flag

You don't have to include those stories! Some couples just briefly introduce one another or they have a little bio on their relationship (how long they've been together, and kids/pets they share, fav things to do together etc.). Your proposal also doesn't have to be super fancy to be on your website, but you also don't have to include it! Smiley shame

• J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    • Flag
    You need not put anything anywhere about how you met, a out a proposal, nothing. If someone ever asks you verbally, you simply answer " We were introduced." ( by a computer match.) Tell me all about his proposal. " like all romantic ones, it was private between him and me." Tell me more? NO, I think it is more special just between him and me. Don't get pushed.
  • V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag

My husband and I met on a dating app (not Tinder), but we didn't lie and say we met somewhere else. I think it's becoming more popular for couples to meet on dating apps so I don't know why you'd be embarrassed to admit that's how you met. My brother-in-law and his wife and one of my friend's and his wife also met on dating apps.

• Elizabeth
    Dedicated September 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

You could put your favorite memory together or how you knew you were meant for each other! It could also be turned into an "about" section for family members who may not have met one of you, so have an "about the bride" and "about the groom" section

• Nicole
    Devoted August 2022
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    I skipped the personal story section and simply included information on the wedding events and travel/hotel options.
  • Melody
    Devoted April 2021
    Melody ·
    • Flag

You definitely don't have to include anything you don't want to, but a little storytelling can go a long way if you want. My fiance proposed in the living room of his tiny apartment pretty much right when we got back after going out to dinner. Nothing big or exciting, but I enjoy writing and I think the written story I included is pretty fun. If that's not your style a simple introduction, trivia section, or favorite memories of each other are always nice.

• Hanna
    VIP June 2019
    Hanna Online ·
    • Flag

You don't have to include any of that! We skipped those sections entirely because we've seen others go way too deep into these long stories and we found them a bit cheesy

• K
    Devoted October 2021
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    I just saw a friend do a brief timeline of their relationship with pictures (first date, meeting family, moving together, proposal) and a lot of it was just sharing cute or funny anecdotes (like for 2020 “nothing happened- move on”!) It was sweet without being too corny or long.
  • Michelle
    Rockstar April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    Girl I’m right with you! Ours (my fiancé & I) isn’t exactly something we will share with family. I’d just put something about your 1st date.
  • K
    Beginner July 2022
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    You do you girl!
    Whatever you’re comfortable with.
    I’ve seen some super cute things like “swiping right was the best decision I ever made” And I agree with some of the other posts. If you wanna share, you share. If not, that’s okay!Maybe you wanna save it for your vows or maybe you wanna share about about when each of you knew that you were the one. My fiancé proposed on a beach with just the 2 of us. We don’t have any pictures. But I’m actually okay with it! We have plenty of time for pictures during the engagement photo session and wedding. If he proposed on a day, in a place, or in a way that was meaningful to both of you, share a bit about that if you want to.
    Remember it’s your wedding day! Do whatever you want, honestly 💕
  • Tori
    Devoted October 2021
    Tori ·
    • Flag

You can do dates! So my website is hosted through WeddingWire and I wanted to include our story. But instead of anything drawn out, I put important dates and why they're important to us. So you can put the date you met instead of putting, Met on Tinder.

https://www.weddingwire.com/website/tori-and-garren/ourstory-11

• Bethany
    Dedicated October 2021
    Bethany ·
    • Flag

I skipped those sections entirely. For the most part, everyone we are inviting knows how we met. I view the website as more informational than anything. Even for the wedding party I listed their names but skipped the bios.

• T
    Devoted August 2020
    Tina ·
    • Flag
    I met my husband on Match honestly it’s not a big deal to me. I literally put “we met on Match in 2014 after talking in September 2013. We went out met in a Dunkin’ Donuts in February 2014. He proposed 6 years later in the same spot we met. “ it’s the truth a lot of people meet online. Sometimes our soulmates are little farther away Smiley smile

I’m not ashamed or worried what people think. My cousins the same way went online and they been married 7 and 4 years.
    Smiley heart
  • LeeAnn
    Savvy October 2021
    LeeAnn ·
    • Flag

We met on Tinder... I just put "we met through a mutual friend (Tinder)..." on our site. You could change that to "the internet" if you just don't want to cite the app (I get that - Tinder had a long time rep for being a hookup site... I personally cringed a little when I first told my mom where we met lol).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics