Hi fellow brides. These past couple of weeks I have been stressed with our wedding planning. I live in NJ and cases of COVID have risen to a staggering number and they keep going up every day. Our wedding is set for March 19, and with all the uncertainty with winter approaching here, it’s hard to know what to do. Next week we will be 4 months out and I know we need to make a decision sooner rather than later; because both my fiancé and I have immediate family members that are in the high risk category so that’s a worry of ours as well. Our main priority is the health & safety of everyone. We still want to get married on our actual date with a small intimate ceremony with immediate family and close friends, if we can, and then just postpone the reception to a later date.
Those of you that have weddings coming up, how are you handling this?
I went through this all back in August for my wedding that is next week, and I also live in NJ. We decided that even though numbers were looking good at the time, that we didn’t know what November would bring with cold and flu season so we postponed. For us, I think it was the best decision we could have made. The stress of worrying about getting to this point and having to postpone last minute would have been too much. I am so relieved because restrictions are getting stricter and numbers are getting higher. We have planned a small backyard wedding for our original date ( we have been together for 7 1/2 years so I wasn’t waiting a whole other year lol) and postponed our bigger wedding/celebration until next November. I think for us it really came down to our mental health, if we hadn’t postponed every day would have been more and more stress and I probably would have been crying every day, which I did until we made the final decision. But ultimately, it is your decision, I just think that stress of worrying can takes its toll.
My big wedding is March 27,2021. I'm not making a decision on what to do until late January. We decided to have a minimony on our original anniversary date so we are already married. If there's too many restrictions come March we're going to postpone
Yea we have a Plan B already set which would be to still get married on our date and if that means just immediate family & close friends that's all we are going to do and then postpone the full wedding celebration to a later date. We have family that would be traveling from all over the U.S. so that's a concern for us too.
Thanks Becca! Oh good another NJ bride! Yea that is my thought process too; we just don't know what the numbers are going to look like in March, especially now that we have winter approaching out here. The numbers getting higher are scary and I think because we would have had to mail out invitations at the end of December/beginning of January is why we are hoping to make a decision soon. Our Plan B is to like you is to have a small ceremony on our original date (we've been together for 10 years so I'm not waiting either lol) and then would postpone the wedding/celebration to a later date. My fiance is like "I don't want to get married twice or dress up twice!" lol I said nobody said you have to get married twice, just push the celebration to later (and dress up still lol) The stress definitely has taken a toll on me for sure.
Congratulations! We would have family coming from all over the U.S. and we have family members that are in the high-risk category so that is our main concern, the health & safety of everyone not matter what. And in NJ the weather in March can be unpredictable, so an outdoor wedding may or may not be accommodating. We would still get married on our original date though and move the wedding/celebration to a later date
4/3/21 bride here! We are going about our planning as usual & won’t be making any major decisions until January. We have a plan B set up though. We are still planning on getting married on that day but the only thing that might change is the guest list.
Maybe it’s just me- I’m having a pretty small wedding of around 39 ppl, but we still decided to push it a year and are actually doing to two wedding things. One nice court house visit with 1 or 2 friends on the original day and an evening dinner, then next year when hopefully COVID is behind us, things will be more flexible for bringing different households around each other. My grandfather is particularly vulnerable and we have had to cancel other plans because of this. As a bride to be who suffered the sadness and madness of accepting the reality of the world as it is now, we have come up with creative ways to make the celebration of our love still special without sacrificing the safety of our loved ones.
Oh okay, yea we both have family members who are vulnerable and high risk along with family living all over the country so we just want everyone to be safe. Like you, we want to still get married on our actual wedding date and make the celebration of our love still be important and mean something
I live in NJ and am getting married in CT (that’s where I’m from and where my family is) right now it looks like CT NY and NJ are all three doing the same thing restriction wise. My fiancé and I were originally supposed do get married on 12/26/2020 and we postponed to 08/05/2021. I see different scenarios commented on wedding wire about how the restrictions will be next year. Right now life is a waiting game. We’re not even sure if we will postpone or not. We’ve been engaged since 2017 and just want to get on with life. Either way If you postpone or have a small Celebration that day i wish you nothing but the best ❤️🎉🥰
My fiancé and I decided to postpone our big event when covid came around due to uncertainty. In glad we did because our venue is not allowing events this year and we decided early enough that we didn't get charged any penalties. We will have a small backyard ceremony this year and do a confirmation of Vows on our anniversary (12/5) next year.
I am in MA, and I was supposed to be married last June... than last August, and now next June lol. We have decided no matter what we are going to be married on that day because were both tired of waiting. Although I of course am already stressing about it! But their talking about a vaccine so I am holding off and trying not to worry to much, but I am so over this whole thing at this point lol
We are in Iowa, which has one of highest growing cases each day.... We are getting married Jan 2, 2021. We are moving forward with our current plan of 100 people or less BUT we have a backup plan. If it continues to get worse then we are going to a small intimate wedding of 20-25 people. I have already informed vendors so we are all on the same page if things need to change quickly!
View Quoted Comment
Yea we have decided to wait it out as well to see how things go and are keeping our vendors in the loop. Omg I agree the waiting and uncertainty is the worst part and is what is stressing me out the most
My wedding day will be March 20,2021 as of now I am super stressed with everything and looking for a backup plan or a way to make it an outdoor wedding. We live in Kansas and its still cold sometimes in March, so I am trying to wait until about mid January and hoping things will get better so we don't have to change anything.