We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

A
Just Said Yes April 2021

Wedding reception

Ally, on July 19, 2020 at 8:27 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 9
Saved Save
Due to covid my reception will be postponed from this October to next April. We are still having a very small ceremony on our original October date.
I fear that people will not go to our reception because we will already be married and won’t see the point as I have heard other people what’s the point of having a reception a year later if you already got married at the court house about other people who have postponed their reaction because of Covid.
Has anyone run into this issue?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Marisa, on July 20, 2020 at 7:12 AM
  • A
    Just Said Yes April 2021
    Ally ·
    • Flag
    I meant to write their wedding not reaction ******
  • Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    I don’t think this is something you need to worry about. Everyone understands you are postponing your reception due to the pandemic and for theirs, and your, safety. I think everyone will gladly come to your reception next year to celebrate your marriage.
  • V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    My friend got married in his original date, but my husband and I plan on attending his. He will be having a ceremony followed by a reception. I fear he might have to postpone again though.
  • Chrysta
    Rockstar November 2021
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    Unfortunately, this is definitely a possibility. However, I’m sure those closest to you will make the effort to attend.
  • Elizabeth
    Super June 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

You could consider wording it as a "vow renewal celebration" instead. Maybe people would then see it as a separate event and not feel the need to call it unnecessary?

• Sharonda
    Devoted January 2021
    Sharonda ·
    • Flag
    I wouldn’t read that much into it. I’m doing the same thing — having a small ceremony on my originally planned date and postponing the big reception until a later time. I think people will welcome and appreciate the opportunity to celebrate with you and your husband, even at a later time. This has been a hard year for everyone, and I don’t know many people who will turn down a reason to celebrate and an invitation to a party (especially after getting through a year like this one). 😊
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I don’t think people wouldn’t go! My friend last year had a celebration later on after his elopement and people still went. People wanna be able to celebrate your love with you
  • Super August 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    I think people will still go! People go to weddings because they care about the couple, not because they want to watch the ceremony. Also, at my drive-through shower last weekend most people asked about our plans (we sent new save the dates, so they actually already knew) and seemed to genuinely be looking forward to it.
  • Marisa
    Rockstar May 2021
    Marisa ·
    • Flag

I’ve been to these before and they had such a turn out! It seemed like their first wedding TBH.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles