H
Dedicated August 2021

Wedding reception tables

Haley, on June 18, 2019 at 5:18 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 15
Saved Save

Where at do the flower girls and ring bearer, plus my cute little page prince and princess sit at the reception if their whole family is in the wedding party? Do they sit at the head table or do I make another table just for the kids? Keep in mind, I have 6 children in the wedding with their ages ranging from the youngest being 3 to the oldest being 10. Thanks!

15 Comments

• FutureMrsD
    Legend July 2019
    FutureMrsD ·

I'm not a kids table fan. Some kids are shy and prefer to sit by their parents, and others get out of control when not seated by parents. Kids and significant others should always be seated by parents and spouses regardless of wedding party in my opinion, so I'd add them to the head table.

• H
    Dedicated August 2021
    Haley ·
    View Quoted Comment

I am just worried that it will be too much at one table and get crowded. I have 12 people in the wedding party include myself and the groom. Then I have 6 children to include at that table with the parents. some of their parents will not be in the wedding. For example, 3 of the kids ( FG, Page Princess, RB ) dad will not be in the wedding. but the other 3 kids ( FG, FG, Page Prince ) parents will be in the wedding. I am just trying to get a better idea at where they will sit.

• FutureMrsD
    Legend July 2019
    FutureMrsD ·
    View Quoted Comment

Usually they do get too crowed with kids & significant others, so a sweetheart table is another option.

• H
    Dedicated August 2021
    Haley ·
    View Quoted Comment

I like the idea of a sweatheart table. but I also really want my wedding party up their with us at the table. I am kinda torn I guess. I will just have to talk to my fiance and see what he would rather do, I still have 2 years to plan so we have plenty of time to decide. Thank you

• Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    Children should always be sat with their parents.
  • Allie
    Rockstar August 2019
    Allie ·

I think the children need to sit with their parents. If this gets too crowded, you should consider a sweetheart table.

• J
    Master 0000
    Judith Online ·
    View Quoted Comment
    So have two big tables for wedding party with their assorted parents, children, or SO. Close by. There is no rule that says one table for wedding party and families, not 2. With such a huge wedding party, it may take 3 tables.
  • Haley
    Devoted October 2020
    Haley ·

I'm having a sweetheart table with 2 large rectangle tables on either side for the wedding part and their +1 and the flower girl who is a gm daughter

• Michaela
    Expert May 2020
    Michaela ·

Are all the kids family with each other? Is there another older cousin or two who can sit at the kids table to help? Talk to your bridal party to see how they think their kid would do seated separately at a kids table. The last thing you want is your bridesmaid needing to get up every two minutes because her kid needs help or is yelling for her. On the other hand, I've been that older cousin who is assigned to sit at the kids table to make sure they all ate. It wasn't perfect but it worked pretty well!

• H
    Dedicated August 2021
    Haley ·
    View Quoted Comment
    The kids table would be placed right next to the head table. Then my dad and my future mother in law will be at a table right near the kids table also. No, there isn't an older cousin that would be available. My nephew will be the oldest one at the table, 10 years old. My one bridesmaid, who is the mom to my page prince and the one flower girl was the one who said the kids would probably need there own table since there are so many of them. If the kids end up wanting their parents who are at the head table, then we will make room and they can sit with us on that day, but we won't know how it turns out or how the kids will act till the day of the wedding.
  • Vicky
    Expert January 2020
    Vicky ·
    View Quoted Comment

You shouldn't be splitting up SOs either. You can have multiple head tables, do a limited head table with just some of the wedding party, their SOs and kids, and seat the rest of the wedding party at other tables, you can do a sweetheart table with just you and your FI and seat everybody else normally, you can sit with family members... the possibilities are endless. The only thing you are required to do, according to etiquette, is seat your guests (including your wedding party) with their significant others and their children.

• H
    Dedicated August 2021
    Haley ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I am not following the etiquette because I personally do not care about it. The SO's are going to sit at another table because they are not apart of my wedding party. Plus the people I have in the wedding are either single or their family is in the wedding too, except for 1 person and I would rather he not sit with us. I am only inviting him to be nice to my future sister in law.
  • Vicky
    Expert January 2020
    Vicky ·
    View Quoted Comment

Etiquette is just the formal word for good manners. It is rude to separate your wedding party members from their partners at dinner. Would you like to be seated away from your husband? Why would you disrespect their relationships when they're you're honored guests, at an event that's all about celebrating love?

• H
    Dedicated August 2021
    Haley ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Actually I wouldn't mind. When I was in my sister's wedding, the head table only consisted of the wedding party. No significant others.
  • eyelette
    Devoted August 2019
    eyelette ·

We are having a sweetheart table all eyes on us. LOL. I also want my wedding party to seat with their guest/spouse. As for the 5 kids in our wedding they will be seating with their parents, but I also have color pages & print out puzzle to help keep them busy in between the action during the reception.

Comment on this discussion