We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Cornell
Savvy July 2022

Wedding planner

Cornell, on December 10, 2020 at 12:38 PM Posted in Planning 0 13
Saved Save

Hey, everyone my fiancé and I are debating if we need a wedding planner/day of coordinator. What are you guys opinion we have a smaller wedding of under 100 people.

Thanks,

Cornell & Donte

13 Comments

Latest activity by Cornell, on December 11, 2020 at 1:14 PM
  • KYLIE
    Devoted May 2019
    KYLIE ·
    • Flag
    Get a DOC. We had 50 at our wedding and my number one regret is not having a DOC.
  • Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

We had a 100 person wedding and had a planner/DOC. You can get away without hiring a planner, though it can be very helpful. I always say a DOC is a must!!! She/he will keep things running smoothly, be the point of contact for all of your vendors, and typically help with set up and break down. So worth the cost!

• Cornell
    Savvy July 2022
    Cornell ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you so much! I think it will be for the best. The anxiety is real haha.

• Cornell
    Savvy July 2022
    Cornell ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you for this advice. It's good to know even with a smaller wedding it's nice to have one!

• A
    Super December 2020
    Anais ·
    • Flag
    Get a DOC if you have the budget. We had a 17 guests wedding due to covid but she took care of all the decorations (set up and tear down), the rehearsal ceremony and just making sure everything was going on accordance with my timeline.
    I was able to just enjoy my day and it was an absolute stress reliever
  • Shelly
    Rockstar January 2022
    Shelly ·
    • Flag

Our wedding has a guest count of 187, but we aren't having a wedding planner. We are having a DOC though which is provided by our venue!

I like to plan things on my own terms and wouldn't feel comfortable working with a wedding planner, but I do think it's necessary to have a DOC for the day of so that you can have someone to make sure the timeline is going according to plan, and if something happens your DOC will be the one to solve all these issues.

• Michelle
    VIP October 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    It is a must even for a 10 person wedding. They keep your vendors on the same page and the day flowing smoothly Do not ask your guests to perform this duty. Take a look on thumbtack.com or Instagram for recommendations
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    We didn't hire either but for our big wedding our venue comes with a coordinator that will help with the day of.
  • Eri
    Super October 2020
    Eri ·
    • Flag

It depends!

Our venue included a coordinator, who helped with setup and organizing vendors. The venue also took care of teardown/cleanup and whatnot (one of the many reasons we went with an all-inclusive place).

Now, we initially had a DJ, but canceled due to COVID and took on some of the music logistics ourselves. The venue coordinator was not super helpful with this. My hair stylist was also over two hours late, and I took on that stress myself. Even though we had a 35-person wedding, I almost wish I had a second person there for logistics.

If your venue does not come with any sort of coordinator and you have the budget, I would absolutely go for a DOC.

We didn't have a wedding planner though, and I don't think one is necessary.

• Samantha
    Expert October 2022
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    I am def getting a day of coordinator if the venue doesn’t include one.
    I am picturing the guests wandering around like lost sheep if someone doesn’t tell them where to go!
  • L
    Beginner April 2021
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

Guest list of 100 and doing it all my own so far. Our venue includes 30 day before event coordinator and day of, helping with some setup and cleanup. Defiantly think you should have DOC

• Michelle
    VIP October 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Most guests know what is going on by watching others. The format is pretty standard: sit down for ceremony, mingle for cocktail hour, sit down for dinner and get up to dance when it opens. Basically the day of coordinator sets up the room, keeps your vendors on track and takes care of any problems behind the scenes. The venue coordinator doesn't do anything toward the guest experience except making sure you follow their policies.
  • Cornell
    Savvy July 2022
    Cornell ·
    • Flag

Thank you all for your advice!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles