Patrice
Dedicated September 2021

Wedding Planner Book, Wedding Planner Human, Wedding Planner Website?

Patrice, on March 9, 2020 at 5:05 AM Posted in Planning 0 14
Saved

Hi Fellow Brides,

What have you all been using to plan your wedding? A book? A person? Or a website like weddingwire.com?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Patrice, on June 19, 2020 at 7:38 AM
  • Nefetera
    VIP March 2015
    Nefetera ·
    • Flag
    Ive been using a wedding planner who is a relative and myself with whatever ideas we put into place we go through them to make sure its what i want. Thank god i have this person to assit with ALL the major duties. Before this I honeslty was going to go with the wedding planner book bc of how organized I like to be. However when it comes to me paying for things on a certain date or dealine ill use my phone calender.
    Hope this helps
  • Maggie
    Super April 2020
    Maggie ·
    • Flag
    I use the to do list on here but I’m also very type a when it comes to list making so I have google spreadsheets as well and my monthly calendar at home is a giant dry erase board calendar so I list every wedding thing that needs to be done this month on the to do part with a # and write the # on the day I’m doing it or it gets completed
  • Bride
    December 2020
    Bride ·
    • Flag
    I have a three ring binder with loose leaf inside that I’m sure my fiancé would love to burn by now. Hahahahaha I just write everything down myself. A sheet for every category. I’m planning with my mom (who thinks of every little detail when party planning). I’m the type that makes lists for literally everything, though...so wedding planning has been exhilarating for me. It’s been so fun. We are having a very intimate wedding, though. It would be silly for us to pay someone else to do this for me. I would totally understand hiring someone to take care of everything if your wedding was going to be big & expensive, though.
  • Patrice
    Dedicated September 2021
    Patrice ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I would love to have more insight to your three ring binder. Can you share more details about it?
  • Bride
    December 2020
    Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I just have a whole packet of loose leaf paper inside. Then whenever I call someone or book something, I have all of my scratch paper in the same place that I can refer back to. I have a running list of things that still need to be bought in the front. I have our guest list, a mocked up seating arrangement, and a page dedicated to all the details for our caterer. You could use any notebook or pad of paper, just so EVERY wedding detail you write down is in the same place. I have little sketches of what I want centerpieces and things to look like as well. It’s nothing fancy at all. I actually have a divider and use it for my farm budget/layout as well. I have a terrible memory, so writing everything down is mandatory for me.
  • Kate
    Expert October 2020
    Kate ·
    • Flag

I have done everything myself with the help of my fiance. I keep a 3 ring binder; each vendor has it's own section, I made pretty floral cover sheets for vendor. At the very beginning of the binder, I have a list of every vendor we have contracts with, like a table of contents.

I photocopy every check we send, print every CC transaction, signed contracts, important emails, menu's, rental info, hotel block info- basically anything that's important to the wedding should be put into the binder. I have stayed very organized this way. We hired a month of coordinator to take over once we get to that point.

• Kaysey
    Super February 2020
    Kaysey ·
    • Flag

I used a wedding planning book that I bought off of amazon for $27 and I also used my personal planner. I used the planning book to keep track of our budget and got the information I needed from that to create a list of what was needed to be done. From there, I put specific details of the wedding that needed to be decided on or purchased, meetings with vendors, payment dates and things like that in my planner on the day I wanted to complete them by. This way, when I opened my "Month at a Glance", I could see everything I needed to do for the wedding that month and if I was able to, I'd get them done early.

If I could go back, the only thing I would do differently was hire a week of planner. The week of the wedding was so crazy because we were finalizing everything with all of our vendors and getting all of our last minute stuff together, which was mostly put on me b/c my husband wasn't a fan of detailed things, lol. It would've been so much easier for me to have a week of coordinator because then I would've have had to worry about making sure I had the reception hall completely decorated b/c I wouldn't have time to touch it up before the wedding, and other things like that. Overall, planning and putting everything together was easy, but I would've spent the extra money for the week of coordinator to ease my mind a little bit.

• Ashley
    Super October 2020
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

I made myself a binder that I divided by different subjects (budget, ceremony, reception, invitations, favors, decorations, etc.)

I used lists and things from this website and others that I put into the binder

Pinterest

Google docs now to keep things organized.

• L
    Devoted August 2019
    Leaves232 ·
    • Flag
    I used Google sheets for my spreadsheets and an acordian folder with pockets to organize the hard copy documents.
  • Molly
    VIP September 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag

I have been using wedding wire and watching videos on youtube by Jamie Wolfer. She does great videos for budget brides and has been in the industry for a long time.

• Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

I was previously using all three. I no longer am using our book since our previous wedding plans were cancelled. We now have less things to keep track of. Our package comes with a coordinator so that's taken care of and I pretty much use this website to keep track of our guest list and payments.

• Ester
    Dedicated April 2022
    Ester ·
    • Flag

For budgeting, I am using a spreadsheet to track all my expenses, for planning, I have googled and pinterested timelines on what you should accomplish each month leading up to the day of, I am also using wedding wire to keep my vendors organized, I have a cute notebook to write down all my personal thoughts and ideas that I would like to look into. I definitely have seen a big help from wedding wire when it comes to questions you may feel awkward asking people who are not planning a wedding of their own.

• Jessica
    Expert February 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

I used weddingwire.com, theknot.com (even though I only used it randomly), and the binder my venue gave me to plan my wedding. I really just chose the things that worked best for me from each and went from there.

• Patrice
    Dedicated September 2021
    Patrice ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks for sharing! Imma try it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics