Ashley
Savvy July 2021

Wedding photos as Christmas gift?

Ashley, on December 3, 2021 at 11:44 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 13
Saved
Hi, all! I got married in July and I was planning to give my immediate family (mom, dad, sisters, stepdad, niece, and in-laws) a picture of us with each of them as a Christmas gift. My husband thinks that’s silly to do for a Christmas gift. Thoughts?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Ann, on December 24, 2021 at 4:53 AM
  • Rebelle Fleur
    Rockstar July 2021
    Rebelle Fleur ·
    • Flag
    I think you should include it with a gift they would use/like/want/need.
  • C
    Master January 2019
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag
    I think this is fine to include as part of the gift for parents, in-laws and grandparents. Still get them what you would normally gift them. Not siblings or nieces/nephews.
  • Cece
    Rockstar November 2022
    Cece ·
    • Flag
    I agree with your husband; I would feel silly giving people a photo of myself as a Christmas present. It feels superficial and conceited- like looking at me should be regarded as a “gift”. I would get your loved ones thoughtful gifts that were specifically chosen for them/their interested, and just give them wedding photos during a normal visit with them.
  • Ashley
    Savvy July 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    I guess I should have mentioned that I do plan on getting something else along with the picture. Wine, candles, stuff like that.
  • Stacey
    Super May 2021
    Stacey ·
    • Flag
    If this is the primary or only gift, then yes I agree if might feel a little disappointing. Gift them like you normally would, and if you also want to gift the photograph, I don’t see any problem with that.
  • CountryBride
    VIP April 2022
    CountryBride ·
    • Flag

If it was their only gift I would feel like I was being self centered. I would suggest getting them this gift along with something they want and or need

• V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    I think it really depends. I know for my mother-in-law and my parents we made small wedding albums for them for Christmas and they loved them. But not everyone feels this way.
  • Ansley
    Savvy June 2022
    Ansley ·
    • Flag
    We are doing that for Christmas as well with our engagement pictures but we also are getting other things for them. I think if it wasn't the entire gift just a portion of it, that it would be a good present!
  • B
    VIP July 2017
    Becky ·
    • Flag

I might do it for your parents and his as a small part of their gift, but I wouldn't do it as the main part. For your siblings and niece, I would just buy a regular gift.

• Sharon
    Super September 2021
    Sharon ·
    • Flag
    I don't think it's silly at all. Theyre youre immediate family. Personally I don't have any good photos of us with our parents, siblings or nieces and nephews so I would love it. Even if they don't appreciate it now it will be nice for them to have fir years to come to remember your day and your relationship.
  • Samantha
    Expert August 2022
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

My mom gifted a graduation photo to my grandfather, but I think beyond parents and grandparents it's a strange "gift". Putting a photo in a card or giving the photo in addition to another wished for gift could work, though!

• T
    Just Said Yes July 2022
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    It's never silly to gift a picture oof you and your family to your parents and siblings.
  • Ann
    Dedicated August 2022
    Ann ·
    • Flag

I think it's great. You can give a printed photo in a frame. But it seems to me that this is an addition to the gift, like a postcard.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics