We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Dedicated June 2022

Wedding party

on November 19, 2020 at 6:05 PM Posted in Planning 0 18
Saved Save
How many people are too many people for a bridal party?

18 Comments

Latest activity by Chelsea, on November 23, 2020 at 3:41 PM
  • A
    Super September 2020
    Alli
    • Flag
    I think it鈥檚 definitely up to you and the fianc茅! However, in my opinion, more than 3 on each side is quite distracting and takes away from the main couple! 馃
  • Dedicated June 2022
    • Flag
    Is 6 on each side way too many? I have my SIL, MOH, cousins, and 1 friend. My fianc茅 has my 3 brothers, best man, and 1 friend
  • Dedicated June 2022
    • Flag
    2 friends*
  • Corrin
    Dedicated October 2021
    Corrin
    • Flag

I don't think I've ever heard someone comment negatively about how many people are in a bridal party - maybe joking about how they don't even know that many people but that's it haha. As long as they all have a place to stand (and they aren't scrunched up next to each other trying to breathe), I don't think you have to worry at all about it being distracting. I've been in weddings where there have been 6, and I didn't even think about it. They just walked down and stood on the side and then the bride comes out and all eyes are on the couple.

If those people mean a lot to you, you should have them with you (:

• Stacey
    Super May 2021
    Stacey
    • Flag

You can have a wedding party as big or as small as you want! But some things to consider are: that is 12 gifts you will need to buy, as many as 24 people to feed at the rehearsal dinner (wedding party + guests), and 12 opinions/schedules to coordinate. If that doesn't sound like it's out of your budget and you're up for the challenge, then by all means go for it!

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn
    • Flag
    This is a personal decision. Keep in mind that more bridal party members means more to coordinate, more wedding guests, more rehearsal dinner guests, more thank you gifts, and sometimes more drama.
  • M
    Beginner September 2020
    Mel
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I gree with this! We just had a MOH and BM and it was the best decision ever!
  • Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring
    • Flag
    It's completely your choice on how many people you want. I think the wedding I attended which had the most people in a wedding party was 9 bridesmaids, 9 groomsmen, 2 flower girls.
  • Dedicated June 2022
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That sounds like so much fun! Thank you minimalist bride 鉂わ笍
  • Michelle
    Rockstar April 2021
    Michelle
    • Flag
    Totally up to you. I think having more than 3 is just way too much work. It takes away the fun of planning a wedding. We wanted a small intimate wedding & having a big wedding party would take away from our vision.
  • Molly
    Devoted August 2021
    Molly
    • Flag

I once watched an episode of Four Weddings where the bridal party was close to 30 people. I think 6 on each side is fine! We have 5 groomsmen (and a best man) and 4 bridesmaids (and a MOH)

• Dedicated June 2022
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! I watch four weddings too haha
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine
    • Flag

Its completely up to you. Our bridal party for our big wedding is 6 on my side, 8 on my husbands side, 3 ring bearers and a flower girl.

• Shelly
    Rockstar January 2022
    Shelly
    • Flag

It's up to you! There isn't a set number on how many people you can have in your bridal party! I'm from the south, so many bridal parties have upwards to 11 people on EACH side haha馃槄.

Like Caytlyn mentioned, it's always good to remember that the more people you have, the more chance there is for drama to occur or schedules to not match up! More people just means more of everything as far as planning goes for you bridal party, but if you want a lot of people in it, then go for it! There's nothing wrong with that! Smiley laugh

• Meghan
    Rockstar October 2019
    Meghan
    • Flag

This is totally personal preference. We each had 3 (so 6 total) and that was a perfect number for us. In my opinion, when people have 8+ wedding party members on each side, it becomes obnoxious. I think the perfect number is 3-5. Again, this is just my opinion. You can do whatever you want!

• K
    Dedicated January 2021
    Kimberly
    • Flag
    I was part of a 9 people one and we all gotready in one hotel room!
  • S
    Just Said Yes June 2021
    Shamya
    • Flag

It's should not be that many people at bridal party

• Chelsea
    Expert July 2021
    Chelsea
    • Flag

I have 7 on each side and I feel like I have to many opinions and dates and just crazyness.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics