We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Rachel
Expert June 2022

Wedding invitations!

Rachel, on September 2, 2020 at 7:35 PM Posted in Planning 0 12
Saved Save
Hi, ladies!

Can you please give me some tips on how you went about getting your wedding invites, save the dates, RSVP cards, menu selections, etc.? Did you go with something strictly online, stationary company, etc.? Any recommendations or suggestions would be helpful! Thank you so much!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Talia, on September 4, 2020 at 8:48 AM
  • L
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    I bought both my Save The Dates (wooden magnets) and invitations (set that included three cards: main invite, details card, and RSVP card) from two different shops on Etsy! They had the best price for what I was looking for. The seller for the invitations made a few rounds of edits on wording and design until I was happy with them. I suggest searching around shops such as Zazzle, Etsy, etc. and find ones you like! Are you looking for ones that will be designed and printed for you? Or are you looking for a template that you can edit and print yourself? Etsy has quite a few templates available too.
  • Jana
    Rockstar October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    Minted- sells sets

Zazzle- individual pieces, no sets, some customization
    Etsy - sells sets..can request a custom order for full creative freedom of fonts/colors
    Annsbridalbargains.com or Costco.com - sells sets very inexpensively
    Usually menu selections on the reply card require more customization so you would be able to get that via Etsy or designing your own on Canva.com (printing at Staples) but the cheaper options don't allow for custom anything.
    Save the dates can be magnets that don't get lost or a card, sold at any of the above places.
    It all depends on what you want.
  • Kirsten
    Devoted October 2020
    Kirsten ·
    • Flag
    I found all of mine on Etsy then sent it to a local print shop. Overall Ixve gotten 25 invites, 1 small sign, 1 large sign, 30 game cards (wed libs). It's cost me about $50.
  • Jana
    Rockstar October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    Most Etsy shops will print for you if you don't want to go to Staples/Office Max with a template
  • Jasmine
    Rockstar February 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

We went a bit on the expensive side with a company called Penn & Paperie. We ordered our save the dates and invitational suite with them. We didn't have to worry about menu selections because we will be having a buffet. Some really great options though are Zazzle and Etsy. With etsy there's even templates you can download and print as many as want. Zazzle has crazy discounts up to %60 that I've seen. You just have to watch out for it. It changes all the time. Good luck hun.

• Marisa
    Rockstar May 2021
    Marisa ·
    • Flag

I found a design I really liked through Pinterest from a gal in LA, that we worked with and customized Save the Date cards. I had also been in contact with a local place that does custom invitations and stationary and they had gotten back to me with a much better quote for the invites we really want to do so we are going to go with them and try to integrate similar design and font but make the invites we want so it ties in with the save the dates.

• Hannah
    Rockstar July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    We got our magnet save the dates from Vistaprint and invitations/rsvps from Ann's Bridal Bargains. Our venue provided the menues.
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I did both online and paper because there will be older folks who aren’t tech savvy
  • Eri
    Super October 2020
    Eri ·
    • Flag

As much as I love stationery, handmade goods and calligraphy, I didn't have a huge budget for all that.

We did:

- Save the Date magnets from Simply to Impress. Loved the quality, and had a nice coupon.

- Change of Plans cards from Zazzle. Affordable with a good online editor, though shipping was more than I expected.

- Invitations/RSVP cards from Minted. Minted has lovely designs but can be a bit overpriced; I only went with this option after we significantly downsized our wedding. We've received several compliments on the invites, though! (We sent RSVP cards but also have the option to RSVP online through our website.)

I didn't do a very elaborate invitation suite, but Minted has beautiful ones. Still debating if I want to do menus!

• Rebecca
    Rockstar August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

I think we used a mix of Shutterfly, Zazzle, and Etsy.

STDs, I think, were Zazzle, invites were Etsy, and thank yous were Shutterfly.

Shop around, a lot of them have sales, and I didn't notice a lot of difference in quality - just options.

• Taran
    Expert September 2020
    Taran ·
    • Flag

We got save the date magnets from shutterfly. When I ordered them I accidentally for the mini ones and ended up loving them because they're about the size of an index card. We did our invitations and rsvp cards through basic invite. It was great because we were able to find a design we like and completely customize colors and fonts and each invitation has matching menus, programs, etc. Basically everything you would need. We skipped most of that though because we're doing buffet style and aren't having programs. We wanted to cut down on paper waste so I bought a big mirror at TJ Maxx that will act as out welcome/programs and my sister is hand lettering it. Post wedding we are planning to order thank you post cards, most likely through the knot.

One invitation option I saw someone do that I wish I would've thought of is they got an engagement photo printed on nice card stock and ordered a template on etsy to do all the wording then laid a piece of vellum paper over top and attached them with gold fasteners. They looked so good and I think she said she did like 165 for under $75

• Talia
    Super October 2020
    Talia ·
    • Flag

Save the dates were from Minted. Our invites/RSVP are from Etsy. Her name is Designed with Amore. Beautiful Invites btw! We splurged because why not and that's what we both wanted! We also got signs from Etsy from this one shop called Charming Endeavours and just printed them at Staples. I will probably get menus from that store as well. Next month is our wedding but we haven't spoken about where we're going to get our thank you's from. That will be this weekend.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles