We moved our June wedding to August and now I’m thinking we are just going to cancel completely. Until there is an effective treatment or vaccine mass gatherings can’t be held safely.
We also moved my daughter's June wedding to August. VP Pence is optimistic much of this will pass after Memorial Day, but things certainly won't be back to "normal". I still envision social distancing and even masks until there is a vaccine/cure. The venue is strictly outdoors and we're hoping groups of 50-100 will be allowed. If not, I don't think any of us have the emotional energy to reschedule a 3rd time and will just have a small intimate ceremony at that point. A lot of time, money, energy, and dreams have been invested by all brides/families during this time and I am so sad for each and everyone who has been affected during what should be a most joyous moment.
To be honest i would probably postpone to a later date this year or next year. We are postponing July to September and even then i am iffy. Ultimately we want our guests to feel completely comfortable to enjoy the wedding without any health concerns
Honestly, my father in law - we eloped on our day - told us that a vaccine is a ways off, and we may just have to live with it. Not to say that you should plan for 100+ people, but we feel ok with a smaller group. I'm not sure I want to postpone again - at this point it's just about pictures.
We are moving forward with plans for our 8/22 wedding. We are having a small group of about 60 though, and our venue is our home, so I feel like these facts increase our ability to proceed as planned. May have to reduce the guest list, but we are in a small mountain town of Southern California and our area has not been hit incredibly hard like other places. Many guests would be flying so we will leave it up to everyone to decide what they feel is best for themselves, but as long as my FH is there I’ll be happy 😊
I'm in North Carolina. I'm getting married June 6th. Our Governor, unveiled our opening phases and gatherings of 50 are allowed in Phase two. We will be in phase two, by June. We are having an outside wedding and will follow social distance protocols. I think you need to know how your state is going to handle the opening process. Good luck, I'm praying for all of us!❤
We postponed our wedding to august 30th 😂 and now it just seems like we may have to move it to next year. We got married 4/19 tho, because I felt like if we waited, we wouldnt have been able to get married in august either. So we eloped while we could. We are in ct and have no end in sight for quarantine to be lifted
We are getting married on August 28th and crossing our fingers we won't have to cancel or reschedule. I think for the time being it's best to wait it out and see how things look by June. A lot can change by then!
I have a July wedding and I’m just going to leave it. My FH and I have been planning for a year and because we are older, 36 & 48 we want to start having kids. At this point I don’t care how many guests show up, it’s about him and I. I am not going to postpone our wedding. I’ve waited 36yrs for the right man to come into my life and I won’t wait another. It’s all up to you. I just don’t believe we should live in fear as it will just stress us out more. I’ve had so much anxiety over my wedding that know I’ve basically said screw it, we are getting married in July if only 20 people show up.
We are keeping ours! Our state (Missouri) is opening back up May 4th
Hi!!! July 17th Bride here! I feel you pain, worry, and anger! This whole situation is just stressful because it is so unknown and seems to change day by day. I am still moving forward as planned for now. I am live in Florida and I am having the wedding here, but 100% of my guests will be coming from out of state (worries me the most), my guest list is already under 50 which is a positive thing at this point, but still has me wondering what can happen before then and will these re-opening phases work and make it worse. My fiance is completely positive we are having our wedding on our date, which makes me feel good, but sometimes the news and everything I read gets me down. I am trying to place all my faith in God and just know he has a plan of how my day should go. Currently my venue along with all my vendors has been a blessing. My venue has a hold date on November 1st as a back up if need be without any extra charges. Only thing is if another bride is looking at that date I will have to make an immediate decision, so it can happen anytime. I am trying to wait and see what May and the beginning of June looks like and how things are progressing before I need to make an ultimate decision for my guest. Everyone seems ok with coming as long as they can travel. I am praying for everyone going through this and my suggestion is to keep the faith and try and see what May brings at least!! I believe with so many states issuing announcements and trial phases, we might be able to see how well the next few months may play out! Sending lots of love!
Hi! I definitely feel your pain. We are set to get married 8/15. As of right now, I am planning to keep things as is. I was planning on waiting to hear anything from either of my venues(ceremony and reception are at two different locations). We had also discussed that if things are not back to "normal" by mid/end of June to start to think about another option. I would love to still do a small ceremony on our original date with close friends and family and then do something big later on, with everyone else. We haven't sent out invitations yet, only save the dates as they were apart of our Christmas cards. I wasn't too stressed, until now. Hope things are still able to work out for everyone!
I am getting married on August 9 and I called my venue to see if I need to think postponed my wedding to another date. They to wait to June to see what is going on and if we need to postpone and reschedule my wedding. So for me, it is a waiting game to see what will happen. You can call your venues to find out about your wedding.
View Quoted Comment
Thanks to everyone who wrote back to us. Once our priest have told us ‘ Wedding is one day, Marriage is for Life’. We had to call our church and ask , maybe for some kinda mind-comforts, and the priest told us not to cancel. We are getting married, we have been together for 7 years, and its about time. We’re not going to let anything stop us from getting married even if we cancel the reception hall, we’re accepting the fact that we are getting married at the church and that’s what really matter. What happens is we will wait until the last week of may, and we will contact the Venue hall as well as the vendors. I hope everyone gets happy with their wedding, and we hope everyone stay safe and healthy.