Skip to main content
Danyalle
Just Said Yes May 2022

Wedding foods

Danyalle, on June 21, 2021 at 4:16 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 11
Saved
What types of foods should I have when having a fall/country wedding?

11 Comments

Latest activity by anna, on June 24, 2021 at 2:14 PM
  • Dayna
    Expert September 2021
    Dayna ·
    • Flag

If you want your food to feel like part of the theme I would either go with: BBQ (meats with sides like mac n cheese, salad, cornbread) or Southern (chicken and waffles, shrimp and grits, biscuits, etc) or some mix of those. Some caterers have more upscale BBQ and southern options like chicken and waffle sliders, fried mac n cheese balls, bacon wrapped scallops. Of course, you can skip the theming and go with more classic wedding dishes like chicken or steak with vegetables and rice or pasta.

• Danyalle
    Just Said Yes May 2022
    Danyalle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you I’m just trying to figure something out for food
  • Michelle
    Rockstar December 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

For fall, anything you want. I would think a hearty pot roast and potatoes/carrots.

For a country theme, steaks (prime rib or chicken fried), boneless fried chicken, chicken and dumplings, bbq sandwiches, summer picnic sides (pasta/potato salad, corn, etc) , glazed carrots, etc.

What foods do you like? What does your caterer offer?

• Danyalle
    Just Said Yes May 2022
    Danyalle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I have not called anyone just yet I’m trying to find someone to do it close to me
  • AB
    Devoted September 2022
    AB ·
    • Flag
    Hey! Fall wedding here too- I am doing a pasta bar with vodka sauce, Alfredo sauce, and spaghetti sauce. Also going to incorporate butternut squash, pies, apple cider, etc! Appetizers are going to include warmed breads, charcuterie boards, mini meat pies. I’m going for things that are warm and filling!
  • Michelle
    Rockstar December 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Browse catering menus online in your area go see what they offer and go from there.

• Asia
    Beginner August 2021
    Asia ·
    • Flag
    I’m having a country, summer wedding. We’re serving pasta and lots of alcohol.
  • Kari
    Master May 2020
    Kari ·
    • Flag

I think you should serve what you like to eat, that is generally a crowd pleaser and not too messy. I don't think its necessary for food to fit a "theme" but it can if you want to.

I would consider using seasonal ingredients, especially if you are doing farm-to-table or want to source locally. Either way, food will be freshest and highest quality when its in season. So think of a salad or dessert with apples vs strawberries, that kind of thing. Root vegetables, pumpkin, apples, etc are all in season in the fall.

• Kayla
    Savvy October 2021
    Kayla ·
    • Flag

Hi! so I started trying to please everyone else but ultimately ended up choosing foods that we love and remind us of home as we are from the south. We ended up choosing fried chicken or roast, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes and gravy, and mixed veggies. We also opted for a fruit and cheese table for cocktail hour.

• CountryBride
    VIP April 2022
    CountryBride ·
    • Flag

When I Invision a fall wedding comfort foods come to mind, southern comfort food, grilled cheese with tomato basil soup shooters, maybe a mashed potato bar, chicken, steak, for dessert you can do cobblers, caramel apples, peanut butter cheesecake, pies, if you were interested in a dessert bar

• anna
    Devoted October 2019
    anna ·
    • Flag

When I think of fall weddings, I always think of cider or hot apple cider! we had a coffee bar with hot chocolate and hot cider. BBQ is always a great option for food as well!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics